Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I was led to believe that he wasn't keen on moving north of London. Champions League football would be another factor. Better Tottenham than Manchester United, who are by far the sh*tt*st of the Big 6 - if they even count as members any more.

While Man utd are a shambles at the moment they do have at least the name brand recognition and some faded prestige. Spurs have neither plus win absolutely nothing. They are incredibly fortunate to be considered one of the big boys.

Shambolic as united have been since Ferguson left they've still won many more trophies than Spurs, who have won...the north london derby?

Although, to be fair, signing Biss and Perisic for a combined 25million is a terrific bit of business. If they re-sign Ericson too then that would be a fantastic window.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Spurs mate of mine doesn't see how he gets in ahead of Bentancur and Hojberg.

Interesting angle but I can't see Biss going anywhere to warm the bench. Would imagine assurances of playing time have been given.

I doubt such assurances have ever been given to any player in the history of football. If he doesn’t get in the team then the cash will keep him warm.I don’t think Biss has anything to worry about though having seen the Spurs midfield over the past few seasons.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
While Man utd are a shambles at the moment they do have at least the name brand recognition and some faded prestige. Spurs have neither plus win absolutely nothing. They are incredibly fortunate to be considered one of the big boys.

Shambolic as united have been since Ferguson left they've still won many more trophies than Spurs, who have won...the north london derby?

Although, to be fair, signing Biss and Perisic for a combined 25million is a terrific bit of business. If they re-sign Ericson too then that would be a fantastic window.

Players don’t care about history. They are in the Champions League next season. That’s all that matters.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I doubt such assurances have ever been given to any player in the history of football. If he doesn’t get in the team then the cash will keep him warm.I don’t think Biss has anything to worry about though having seen the Spurs midfield over the past few seasons.

Assurances in good faith absolutely.

Written into a signed contract absolutely not.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the other hand, he also was in the starting 11 for every game in that terrible run of 6 losses and then failing to beat Norwich at home. The man whose inclusion in the staring 11 coincided with a transformation of the team for the final 7 games is still with us: Caicedo.

That’s what I told my Spurs mate when he gloatingly messaged me earlier :D

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Bissouma and Perisic for combined £25m? We’re they paid to take Perisic. The BBC reports Bissouma at £30m, after an initial £25m report. And the Argus (or Naylor) says “much higher than original reports.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
c39661804f433977c3fe607e31cbf9c2.jpg

And The Guardian are going for the £22.5m/€26m version!

I’m hoping that Naylor’s “£30m + with add-ons” means a £30m fee, THEN some add-ons on top of that.

Though it could also be read as ‘the whole package of fee plus add-ones together’ comes to £30m+. It’s ambiguous…

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There is no way he has the same contacts as Naylor and the dribble he writes is on par with the Sun.

I'll let him know your thoughts. He is a very good writer and perhaps The Argus is a little below him now.

It's not easy being a local hack who has to keep in with those running the club or he'll lose their confidences. The sport is all that keeps the paper going and sometimes drip feeding news through the day keeps readers coming back.

He's a mate of mine and indeed as kids my dad took him to his first Brighton game. Along with Spencer V, a year below us at school, Forest Boys are well represented as far Brighton news is concerned.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wonder if the price might be a bit lower than what we could've got because the results of the investigation are still pending. Still, £30m is very good business.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The BBC have the deal as £30M.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61795211

Which with only a year remaining on his contract seems about right.
I'd rather £30m now than £45m 12 months ago.

We have another year in the Premier League, and with Bissouma bossing our midfield we have been able to develop Mwepu, Mac Allister, Moder and introduce Caiciedo.
And we even managed to finish ninth in the strongest league in the world.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
£30m for a guy who was not going to sign a new deal and leave on a free?

I think that's EXCELLENT business for us.

It's one of those transfers that I think every party involved can be happy.

Spurs. Good player and good price
Bissouma. Career progression
BHA. A good fee 12 months away from £0
BHA fans. Got to see a good player for a good amount of time.

Good luck to him. It's an exciting move.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
£30m for a guy who was not going to sign a new deal and leave on a free?

I think that's EXCELLENT business for us.

It's one of those transfers that I think every party involved can be happy.

Spurs. Good player and good price
Bissouma. Career progression
BHA. A good fee 12 months away from £0
BHA fans. Got to see a good player for a good amount of time.

Good luck to him. It's an exciting move.

Don’t forget Bissouma’s agent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here