Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Look at how many games we won without Biss last season. I think it’s just 1 (one).

On the other hand, he also was in the starting 11 for every game in that terrible run of 6 losses and then failing to beat Norwich at home. The man whose inclusion in the staring 11 coincided with a transformation of the team for the final 7 games is still with us: Caicedo.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Isn’t that exactly the business plan ? It’s why we have invested so much in the academy. We are not going to become a big six club because we cannot compete. In order to do so we would have to sell out to a religious fundamentalist or mafia gang. Not for me.

No I do agree, but at least with Biss he gave 4 years of decent and improving service. Would be gutted to see Cucu go after 1 season even if we get an offer we can't refuse.

I agree we have to be sustainable and it's nice to make profits on players like White and Biss, but just hope we don't lose players too quickly.

By the way, does anyone know if Lille get a cut of the transfer fee and if so how much, as add ons are usually in almost every deal?

Last edited:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Paul Barber in PR over drive re the fee. Jim White understands from ‘sources’ I.e his best mate Paul Barber the fee is well over £25M
Lol just for a change. Lots of moaning about the fee then suddenly all the local independent (hehe) journos all at the same time have reliable sources telling them the fee is more.
It's hard to take isn't it . shame the guy won't sign another contract and finish what he 's started here , top player but clearly GP being "like a father to him" was not enough , i find this one hard to take tbh .....40 million i could have been ok about but 25 is taking the piss.

and i'll be praying we annihilate them at least once next season....it's alright bringing these players through but when you look at the numerous failures that have cost TB loads Jahanbash, Locadia :facepalm: when we do find a gem we need to capitalise on it.
He also said Hughton was like a Father figure to him. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Personally I'm just pleased the deal is done early enough in the summer so that if we are going to spend the money (and we might not!) we have plenty of time to do so rather than waiting until August 31st. He was always going to leave eventually. Super player but we move on.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No I do agree, but at least with Biss he gave 4 years of decent and improving service. Would be gutted to see Cucu go after 1 season even if we get an offer we can't refuse.

I agree we have to be sustainable and it's nice to make profits on players like White and Biss, but just hope we don't lose players too quickly.

By the way, does anyone know if Lille get a cut of the transfer fee and if so how much, as add ons are usually in almost every deal?

2.5 years really. He wasn’t that good in his first season for us, lots of cameos. Then he had his shoulder injury / operations. And a few suspensions and other period of absence. But yes the last 2 seasons he was immense

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He was always going to leave eventually. Super player but we move on.

True. This thread began in summer 2021 and a lot of us were surprised that we kept him for another year. He has looked destined for CL football for the last few years. Disappointing that we couldn't sign him to a longer term deal that would have seen us get his true value, but he was a fantastic find by our scouting network and improved under both CH and GP. Now, if only we'd listened to Bielsa's genius and played him at right back.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

No mention of any cut to Lille at the time. Naylor said fee was around £14m.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Yes, that is exactly what I expected someone to come along and say. It doesn't stop me (and it seems I'm far from being the only one!) thinking that £25M (if indeed that is the fee - we'll never know) is a very, very good bargain price for Spurs!

Both Andy Naylor and Johnny Cantor reporting the figure of £25 Million is north of that.
Andy Naylor
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorBHAFC
·
1h
An update on the fee. I'm told 30+ with add-ons

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm more concerned now how we replace Caicedo - maybe as soon as next summer !

We need to keep our future season conveyor belt fully loaded.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone got an Argus subscription to know what Brian Owen’s article regarding this is saying?

Albion star Yves Bissouma is closing on a move to Tottenham.

Talks remain ongoing but the Mali midfielder is expected to head to north London.

The Argus understands the transfer fee involved would be "much higher" than the £25 million initially reported.

Bissouma has a year left on his contract with the Seagulls and has been speculatively linked with several clubs.

The move would give him a chance to test himself in the Champions League.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/20208044.brightons-yves-bissouma-set-tottenham-move/

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The ongoing legal issue must have been factored in, which would have complicated negotiations I imagine. No club is going to pay out big money without some guarantees/insurance against that all going south in place.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sad day.

Gutted it's spurs he's going to. There's not a team/squad in world football that he wouldn't improve so to see him go to the shittest of the 'big 6' is disappointing. Better than Newcastle or Villa, but still.

Maybe now the other clubs have seen the price they'll come in.

Great player, sad he's going.

So thats 88million we've made from selling 3 players in 12 months? It's all beginning to come together isn't it?

I was led to believe that he wasn't keen on moving north of London. Champions League football would be another factor. Better Tottenham than Manchester United, who are by far the sh*tt*st of the Big 6 - if they even count as members any more.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. I'm glad that Biss is going to Spurs, I always thought that would be a better move for him with Champions League, less competition for places and yet world class strikers ahead of him.

2. Good news for us re getting that business done early. It means we can demand even more for the likes of Cucu and Trossard as we don't need the money now we've trousered the Biss fee, and yet we have some serious cash if the right player comes along.

3. Thanks for everything Biss, an Albion legend. It was a pleasure watching you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here