Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Been resigned to his departure for more than a year but still feel gutted that it's actually happening. Glad he's going to be playing Champions League football under a world class manager though. All the best Biss.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£30m with add ons I can stomach. €25m seemed a joke.

But which way with the add-ons?

£10m for them to finish Top 4 again.
Or
£10m for them to finish bottom half.

#SoSpursy.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
On the one hand, a five million ish profit for someone who has improved immensely since he arrived doesn't sound like a great deal but then considering the current trend of top tier players running their contracts down (Rudiger to Real for nothing, Salah only has a year left, Mbappe was within a few months of leaving for nowt), It's a buyers rather than a sellers market for Bissouma before we even touch on the "off field issues" with only a year left which he clearly has no intention of extending.

I'd echo the sentiment a lot of people have said. I'd rather he went to one of the big six, not to Villa or Beheady Howe.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Good move for all involved. Biss gets european competition, we get it known that there is a pathway to 'bigger' clubs. This will help sell BHA to younger worldwide talent to come here.
It's not always about the money...though it does help!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
At least it gets this out the way early in transfer window giving us a chance to spend the money rather than last minute

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Villa would have finished above us if we’d sold them Biss. I’m almost certain of this.

Maybe but also maybe not. I seem to recall him having some great games but also some stinkers in the second half of the season.

To say Biss won us an extra £10m is pure speculation. Selling him for £10m less than we were offered is not.

In addition, did he ever want a move to a team not in the Champions League?

I'm sure like all players he would want to ply his trade at the highest level possible whilst earning as much money as possible. If he goes to Spurs then he'll achieve both.

I'm not disappointed he's going just disappointed with the reported fee. I'd rather we sold him in January.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Deal as good as done with those two adding to the story.

Spuds paid £54m for Ndombele. In comparison, this is the deal of the century for them.

Half the price for double the player.

He was 22, and already a French international - not 26 (Bissouma is 26 in August). and he also didn't have just 1 year to go on a contract so no ticking clock.
So the deal , which is unlikely to be the £25m as reported , is not comparable.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Deal as good as done with those two adding to the story.

Spuds paid £54m for Ndombele. In comparison, this is the deal of the century for them.

Half the price for double the player.

It's hard to take isn't it . shame the guy won't sign another contract and finish what he 's started here , top player but clearly GP being "like a father to him" was not enough , i find this one hard to take tbh .....40 million i could have been ok about but 25 is taking the piss.

and i'll be praying we annihilate them at least once next season....it's alright bringing these players through but when you look at the numerous failures that have cost TB loads Jahanbash, Locadia :facepalm: when we do find a gem we need to capitalise on it.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Paul Barber in PR over drive re the fee. Jim White understands from ‘sources’ I.e his best mate Paul Barber the fee is well over £25M

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I hope he gets a great reception when he comes back. A truly magnificent player for us over several seasons. It's hard to imagine we'd have stayed up through all those seasons if we had never signed him.

We'll have to get used to losing 1 or 2 players we'd really rather keep every summer. But that's football, people move on, and we'll get one or two very exciting young signings to soften the blow

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Glad the deal is getting done early.
Expect Tony will wrangle every last available penny in the final fee/add ons.

All good.

Onwards!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
It's hard to take isn't it . shame the guy won't sign another contract and finish what he 's started here , top player but clearly GP being "like a father to him" was not enough , i find this one hard to take tbh .....40 million i could have been ok about but 25 is taking the piss.

Well it’s not £25m as confirmed by both Andy Naylor and Johnny Cantor. I think we know by now Tony Bloom won’t have the piss taken out of him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Definitely this.

All the brilliant football we've played under Potter has been fantastic. But if there is one consistent frustration about supporting the Albion it is the pathetic mismanagement of finances by Tony Bloom and his team of senior executives.

They are literally clueless when it comes to money and making deals.

:fishing::fishing:

Decent deal all round if true at 25-30m IMO. He deserves to be playing at a higher level, we make a profit despite him only having a year left and he’ll be largely amortised in our accounts (put in perspective, Mane seems to be off for a similar amount), we show a clear pathway to CL teams for aspiring players and we’ve already got cover. Good luck Biss and thanks 🙏

….oh, and so ****ing glad it’s not Villa or Newcastle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here