Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Very strange only 25m.

We all knew he was off but think we all expected our transfer kitty to get a big boost. Doesn't really do much for us this.

Thanks for the service Biss.

He'll get all the plaudits he deserves now at a big club. Top player + a privilege to watch him.

We'll miss him

Yoda

English & European
Would've thought £30m to £35m fee would be closer to the mark even with a year left on his contract.

Maybe it's £25m up front with yet to be disclosed add-on's? (CL qualification, trophy wins etc).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Very strange only 25m.Doesn't really do much for us this.

Ha Albion fans moaning about getting a "reported" 25 million fee for a player with a year left on his contract.

Oh how far we have come eh.

I am not bothered by the fee, I think it is actually a fair deal, considering some players are going for similar or on a free, I would take 25million off Spurs rather than 35million off Newarabia fc

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just so glad he’s not going to Villa.

Good luck Biss, thanks for the memories.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Direct rival of what? Mid table? I'm sorry but that isn't worth £10m.

If true sounds like Tony has gambled and lost this time.

As it's not my money I have no hesitation in saying it's worth 10 million not to let Stevie G get Bissouma. I have an irrational dislike of the man and the sycophantic media coverage about him.

I don't like Villa either.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We’d never sell him to a direct rival. Especially a club below us. Worth the -£10m (which we got back on the last day of the season).

Oh, so he's NOT going to Spurs, then? :jester:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think people are not understanding the impact one year left on a contract has !!!

Look at recent deals .... Gravenberg to Bayern for 17m euros!!

Even talk of mane going for 25m.

If it's £30m with add ons then that's not a bad deal.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Of course - but with the number of clubs interested you'd hope the club would have been able to squeeze a much higher fee than that (£30m+)

Some reports say that £30m is the fee / and presumably add ons. If the reporting is correct and he’s off to Spurs then would still expect a few different takes on size of deal to emerge before it’s all done

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Spurs are getting a very good player. If he could stop all the suspensions an excellent player. We could have probably earnt £10-£15M less on the last day of the season if results went against us. So glass half full here.

Guarantees them a top 4 finish in my opinion, he is that good.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I actually think Spurs is a great destination for him and I don't think many would begrudge him a move to a Champions League club with a world class manager. Spurs seem to actually be getting their sh!t together as they know that they need to deliver quality players for Conte to stay.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Direct rival of what? Mid table? I'm sorry but that isn't worth £10m.

If true sounds like Tony has gambled and lost this time.

Villa would have finished above us if we’d sold them Biss. I’m almost certain of this. In addition, did he ever want a move to a team not in the Champions League?

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Villa would have finished above us if we’d sold them Biss. I’m almost certain of this. In addition, did he ever want a move to a team not in the Champions League?

I was gonna say when I saw the villa link I was thinking why would he move sideways? I'd only expect him to move upwards so spurs sounds right. I just think 25 mil is way too low, yes his contract is running out but I think with a longer contract we could've easily got 50-60 mil for him, does contract length really depreciate value that much?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Very strange only 25m.

We all knew he was off but think we all expected our transfer kitty to get a big boost. Doesn't really do much for us this.

Thanks for the service Biss.

He'll get all the plaudits he deserves now at a big club. Top player + a privilege to watch him.

We'll miss him

I can't understand why anyone is treating these figures seriously.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Think people are not understanding the impact one year left on a contract has !!!

Look at recent deals .... Gravenberg to Bayern for 17m euros!!

Even talk of mane going for 25m.

If it's £30m with add ons then that's not a bad deal.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

£30m with add ons I can stomach. €25m seemed a joke.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Ha Albion fans moaning about getting a "reported" 25 million fee for a player with a year left on his contract.

Oh how far we have come eh.

I am not bothered by the fee, I think it is actually a fair deal, considering some players are going for similar or on a free, I would take 25million off Spurs rather than 35million off Newarabia fc
People are forgetting about the current economic situation

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Definitely this.

All the brilliant football we've played under Potter has been fantastic. But if there is one consistent frustration about supporting the Albion it is the pathetic mismanagement of finances by Tony Bloom and his team of senior executives.

They are literally clueless when it comes to money and making deals.

Errr, eh? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here