Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
CBH was very obviously being sarcastic. His post was from a week ago.

Anyway, Bissouma being off was the one I had already long accepted - just thankful it's looking like being a Champions League club under a world class manager and not a Villa or Newcastle, which would've been a crying shame. A fee in the region of £30m feels realistic given the contract situation, although I'm sure we'd all love £50m.

Thing is though, Biss is a £50m talent. At least he hasn't gone to mid table mediocrity like Villa or the Saudis. If £25m is true that is a bloody STEAL for Tottenham.

Looking forward to seeing how we move on with developing our new midfield axis of Mwepu and Caciedo, with an increased role for Ali Mac, the potential of Sarmiento, Mitoma coming in and possibly Enciso.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bissouma

[tweet]1536635228852305920[/tweet]

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
26 million Euros is about £22million...Tottenham have had our pants down big time (even if "add ons" take it up a bit)

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Reasonable deal in my opinion. One year left on his contract, player keen to move on, we have good replacements, and it wasn’t bloody Villa.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Clause of £5 million if Spuds win a trophy, not much fear of that happening

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Thing is though, Biss is a £50m talent. At least he hasn't gone to mid table mediocrity like Villa or the Saudis. If £25m is true that is a bloody STEAL for Tottenham.

Looking forward to seeing how we move on with developing our new midfield axis of Mwepu and Caciedo, with an increased role for Ali Mac, the potential of Sarmiento, Mitoma coming in and possibly Enciso.
Very much agree £50m is far closer to his actual worth.

From a pure PR perspective, it reflects much better on the Albion and the pathway we provide that he's off to a top 4 team and not to a club that finished bottom half, several places beneath us.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Clause of £5 million if Spuds win a trophy, not much fear of that happening

Well, if that’s for the whole time he’s a Spurs player and includes the League Cup, FA Cup etc, then it’s not that bad a clause.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I prefer the mail story at 30 million pound.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...righton-midfielder-Yves-Bissouma-signing.html

We have witnessed some wonderful football from Yves and been very lucky to watch him develop into a world class footballer, we are now establishing ourselves as a pathway to great things, and if we can also progress while players grow, that can only be a good thing.

He was always going to leave in this window, and as much as i am not a Tottenham fan, it seems a good fit, I would have thought Arsenal would have been a better fit, but they do not look like wining anything anytime soon, so a good move for him and better than seeing him rock up at Villa or god forbid Saudi FC eh.

Good Luck Yves and thank you.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
26 million Euros is about £22million...Tottenham have had our pants down big time (even if "add ons" take it up a bit)
Definitely this.

All the brilliant football we've played under Potter has been fantastic. But if there is one consistent frustration about supporting the Albion it is the pathetic mismanagement of finances by Tony Bloom and his team of senior executives.

They are literally clueless when it comes to money and making deals.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Definitely this.

All the brilliant football we've played under Potter has been fantastic. But if there is one consistent frustration about supporting the Albion it is the pathetic mismanagement of finances by Tony Bloom and his team of senior executives.

They are literally clueless when it comes to money and making deals.

I assume euros is a typo

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

That's probably because Romano knows no more than the rest of us and is just regurgitating Gary Jacob's tweet, but with bad maths.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to this. £25m is low given all the clubs that are reportedly interested, even with only a year left, and it seems unusual for us to be accepting such an offer so early in the window.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

If you’ve invested over £500M and continue to plug our astronomical losses every season - would you rather £22M now or £0 in 12 months?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
That's probably because Romano knows no more than the rest of us and is just regurgitating Gary Jacob's tweet, but with bad maths.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to this. £25m is low given all the clubs that are reportedly interested, even with only a year left, and it seems unusual for us to be accepting such an offer so early in the window.

Is it though ? 25 - 30 for a guy with only a year on his deal... I think that sounds about right, and the sooner we get the money in the sooner we can sort ourselves out are my thoughts.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spurs are getting a very good player. If he could stop all the suspensions an excellent player. We could have probably earnt £10-£15M less on the last day of the season if results went against us. So glass half full here.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nobody knows anything, and if he does go, to spurs, or anywhere, we will never know the actual amount of the sale, or any add-ons, as TB and the Albion never publish that information. There is no way spurs would disclose it as it will be embargoed by the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here