Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Are we going to have any players left next season? Biss, Trossard, Cucu, Sanchez, Lamptey. And if we have the temerity to stand in their way, they'll down tools according to some.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal worth in the region of £25 million with Brighton & Hove Albion for Yves Bissouma.

Spurs have revived their interest from January in the 25-year-old midfielder who is entering the final 12 months of his contract with Brighton. The Mali international should become Tottenham’s third signing of the summer after the goalkeeper Fraser Forster and the wide player Ivan Perisic joined on free transfers.

It reflects Tottenham’s strategy of looking for the right deals despite the the club’s owners announcing last month a £150 million injection to be put towards transfers this summer.

Tottenham are confident that personal terms will not be an issue and Bissouma should have a medical this week. He had a knee injury earlier this season and suffered an ankle problem last week but neither are expected to derail the deal. Liverpool and Arsenal considered signing him last summer and Aston Villa failed with a bid in January but dropped their interest recently.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...5m-fee-with-brighton-for-midfielder-gp3rfxwpb

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal worth in the region of £25 million with Brighton & Hove Albion for Yves Bissouma.

Spurs have revived their interest from January in the 25-year-old midfielder who is entering the final 12 months of his contract with Brighton. The Mali international should become Tottenham’s third signing of the summer after the goalkeeper Fraser Forster and the wide player Ivan Perisic joined on free transfers.

It reflects Tottenham’s strategy of looking for the right deals despite the the club’s owners announcing last month a £150 million injection to be put towards transfers this summer.

Tottenham are confident that personal terms will not be an issue and Bissouma should have a medical this week. He had a knee injury earlier this season and suffered an ankle problem last week but neither are expected to derail the deal. Liverpool and Arsenal considered signing him last summer and Aston Villa failed with a bid in January but dropped their interest recently.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...5m-fee-with-brighton-for-midfielder-gp3rfxwpb

I wonder if this is actually true or we're just trying to start a bidding war.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I would be disappointed with that fee. I thought he was worth more even though only a year left on his contract.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Twerking for Arsenal on Instagram and then joining Spurs [emoji23]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
£25m seems likely, like I said a few weeks ago.

Tottenham also seems likely.

I don't think the club wants to drag this out - best for everyone if the deal is done before pre-season training starts.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Bissouma

30 inc add ons is fair

Essentially we’ve had him for nothing

Another great advert for the pathway and probably enough income to kept our core players if a 50/50 to sell presents itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Are we going to have any players left next season? Biss, Trossard, Cucu, Sanchez, Lamptey. And if we have the temerity to stand in their way, they'll down tools according to some.

Hardly breaking news that we are selling Bissouma. He’s not wanted to sign a new contract and has 1 year left so there you are. Very different for everyone else on the list.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
‘Pleased’ it’s Spurs I think. Of the options. Would’ve preferred it was overseas.
Bargain for them- he’ll be spoken of as one of the World’s very best midfielders by the end of the season.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I don't see how this starts a bidding war. A fee has been agreed, other teams are only going to match that fee. The bidding war will be with personal terms.

A fee may have been agreed, but if someone comes in with £35 million, we can still pull out of the deal and sell him to the highest bidder, or whatever suits us best.

If this has been leaked, other teams certainly will be alerted to this. It won't just be Tottenham who will be going in for him.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex

They won't all be going. Maybe Cucurella or Trossard if the right offer is made. Can't see Lamptey or Sanchez leaving this window

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
30 inc add ons is fair

Essentially we’ve had him for nothing

Another great advert for the pathway and probably enough income to kept our core players if a 50/50 to sell presents itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really shows why we want Enciso for 5 rather than 4 years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here