Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And playing very, very high up the pitch. Perhaps we could sign the defensive midfielder that Mali was playing if Biss leaves?

Mali has always been bathing in defensive midfielders. Keita who played for Barca, Diarra in Real Madrid, Sissoko from Juve/Liverpool and a lot of other competent but less famous ones. Now they have Samassekou who has been great in the Bundesliga and Mohamed Camara (the Salzburg player that someone linked to Brighton) along with Doucoure from Everton and obviously Biss. I guess Biss was seen as the best option out of those to play in the less populated attacking midfield role.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bissouma

I guess Biss was seen as the best option out of those to play in the less populated attacking midfield role.

Indeed. I was surprised they didn’t start with Haidara in a more attacking role but clearly, Biss is better. His crosses were immense against Dr C, something rarely seen at the Albion due to his (always) highly disciplined positioning.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Can’t wait for him to sign elsewhere now (as seems inevitable - would much rather he signed a new deal with us but can’t see it). A summer of nonsense about instagram likes or similar is going to be painfully tedious.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Arsenal Fans getting excited because Biss reposted a thread about himself ( something to do with Instagram)

[tweet]1533545443489095684[/tweet]

Biss reposted a load of other instagram users video highlights from his Mali game. One of which had a small note on it written by that person saying “arsenal should buy him etc etc”… and now Arsenal fans think it was a message from biss himself. I doubt he even saw/read it, it was amongst like 30 videos he reposted.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Let’s hope so, he deserves his move to a champions league club, no problem with that and hope it’s overseas.

I will take issue if we see him next season standing next to John Mcginn though
I didn't know we were going to buy John McGinn! Wouldn't have thought so with our midfield talent

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sporting Life going on about his social media activity being a plea for Arsenal to come and get him.

The scrambling around media, with very little concrete transfer news in general, are revelling in this as ‘news’.

F7C8B2D8-8CF1-4C8C-822A-2C38CAFE9553.png

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A tweet from Andy Naylor this morning says ''It's not so much a case of if Yves Bissouma leaves this summer as when and where. Latest information I have is a lot of interest but nothing definitive.''

Being sure he'll leave but no definitive offers seems contradictory doesn't it?

Although saying that im pretty sure he will leave this summer too.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bissouma will go where he wants to go. The challenge for us will be getting the same kind of fee from a Monaco or Roma that a team like Villa or West Ham would be prepared to pay.

Exactly. The power is with the player, who can refuse moves if he doesn't fancy them and just let his contract run down. In that situation, it may be a question of getting what we can, or figuring that he's more valuable to us if he plays another season.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The club will not fire sale Bissouma. A data driven business like the Albion will do the sums and if it makes more sense to keep him for a year and try to crack Europe - they will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here