Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
That would be a bit surprising to me, but I suppose they have Russian oligarch money, so perhaps he’s going for the money and lifestyle / climate / Monaco culture. And obviously the historic success of the club, bit of European football.

Less tax, his family are in France so could easily move down there with him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’d rather he went to Monaco than another prem side that’s for sure

I’m very much with you on this.

It looks like Madrid could be easing Aurélien Tchouaméni out of the principality for as much as £70m. Monaco would be doing stunning business by replacing their No.8 with another (who is probably a better defensive player) for around half the money they get from the Tchouaméni transfer. Biss gets Champions League football in a beautiful glamorous part of the world where they speak his first language.

Whilst we are clearly losing potentially our best player ever, hopefully we’ll never see him line up against us (unless the unthinkable happens in the next season or two).

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia

It looks like Madrid could be easing Aurélien Tchouaméni out of the principality for as much as £70m. Monaco would be doing stunning business by replacing their No.8 with another (who is probably a better defensive player) for around half the money they get from the Tchouaméni transfer. Biss gets Champions League football in a beautiful glamorous part of the world where they speak his first language.

Whilst we are clearly losing potentially our best player ever, hopefully we’ll never see him line up against us (unless the unthinkable happens in the next season or two).

Is the unthinkable relegation or champions league?

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bissouma

By definition, the unthinkable is a scenario we can not comprehend; so you’ve ruled those two scenarios out simply by mentioning them.

On that note, I’d like to rule out the possibility of Biss going to Monaco and then failing miserably but then somehow, finding his way back to the Premier League and his top form with Crystal bloody Palace!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

You sort of wonder why Real Madrid don't just offer us £40m for Biss and get a better player for less.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I totally get what you are saying and I would rather we got a fee. Either way we will have got our moneys worth.

If the only acceptable offers are from clubs he does not fancy, why go when he can wait until January and sign a pre-contract with who he likes.

Would you want to live in Birmingham?

I have recently become acquainted with Birmingham, and much to my surprise have found it to be a very pleasant place. In terms of green spaces, it is way ahead of many other cities - including Brighton!

Still not going to become a Villa fan though, or of that other lot in the crumbling ruins of St. Andrews!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
And a goal for Camara. Could he be next African superstar?

Just consulted my Giant Book of Dad Jokes, and apparently he's certainly put himself in the frame, has a good shot at it, just needs to focus better, is on a roll, has a case, and is developing well.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I have recently become acquainted with Birmingham, and much to my surprise have found it to be a very pleasant place. In terms of green spaces, it is way ahead of many other cities - including Brighton!

Still not going to become a Villa fan though, or of that other lot in the crumbling ruins of St. Andrews!

My apologies to Birmingham. I am also told their Canal system is quite impressive!

Maybe I should have wrote, would you really want to play for Villa. Unless money is the prime motive, he would be un-likely to win any medals

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
My apologies to Birmingham. I am also told their Canal system is quite impressive!

Maybe I should have wrote, would you really want to play for Villa. Unless money is the prime motive, he would be un-likely to win trophies.

I’ve been to Birmingham twice , not impressed , although I thought it was better than Leicester that I had to go to recently, what a dump ..,

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He took a lot of coaching where as Cacedio came in and did the business almost immediately. I wonder if he would be as good anywhere else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here