Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I saw a clip online somewhere, where that journalist Fabrizio Romano said his sources said that Newcastle were also interested in Biss, but that Villa and Newcastle would struggle to get him because he wants to go to a Champions League club.

I would imagine Newcastle may have some pull in the summer if they stay up, but I think Villa have no chance. As soon as the police issue is done and dusted and everyone is sure he's not going to end up in court, bigger clubs than Villa will beat them to him.

But personally I wouln't care if he went to Villa as long as the price was right. Its clear he's not going to sign a new contract, and the summer will be our last chance to sell him for decent money. If a few clubs are in for him, and we could get £30 million+, I don't really mind where he goes.

I get that he is ambitious and wants to leave. If a team with a large budget and European football wants to come in for him, it may well happen. Otherwise I expect the club to be competitive in the space we are operating in. If Villa fans want to look down their noses at little old Brighton who have never won the European Cup etc etc etc, that is fine and they are entitled to, but it is unlikely to sway Bissouma. I would expect him to think seriously about signing an extension if this is the alternative.

Chopera

Apr 23, 2021
I saw a clip online somewhere, where that journalist Fabrizio Romano said his sources said that Newcastle were also interested in Biss, but that Villa and Newcastle would struggle to get him because he wants to go to a Champions League club.

I would imagine Newcastle may have some pull in the summer if they stay up, but I think Villa have no chance. As soon as the police issue is done and dusted and everyone is sure he's not going to end up in court, bigger clubs than Villa will beat them to him.

But personally I wouln't care if he went to Villa as long as the price was right. Its clear he's not going to sign a new contract, and the summer will be our last chance to sell him for decent money. If a few clubs are in for him, and we could get £30 million+, I don't really mind where he goes.

According to Naylor we rejected an offer of £35 million from Villa in January. So an offer of £30 million+ in summer, when he has 12 months left on his contract, should be achievable. I'd feel disappointed if it was less than £40 million though.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The agent is just releasing to journo's details of the Villa bid to stoke up the interest from the big 6 and probably Newcastle.

Villa will probably bid again, but soon be out of the running once the bigger fish declare their hand.

As has been said, lots of other CM deals to be done this summer, so it will be a complicated situation and will likely go late in the window, testing the nerve of all parties

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As has been said, lots of other CM deals to be done this summer, so it will be a complicated situation and will likely go late in the window, testing the nerve of all parties

Agreed. Interesting dynamic as I think Declan Rice will be #1 for most of the big 3/4 clubs so actually a Villa could steal a march on Bissouma depending on how Rice goes

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agreed. Interesting dynamic as I think Declan Rice will be #1 for most of the big 3/4 clubs so actually a Villa could steal a march on Bissouma depending on how Rice goes

Bellingham likely to move to England for big money too

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
According to Naylor we rejected an offer of £35 million from Villa in January. So an offer of £30 million+ in summer, when he has 12 months left on his contract, should be achievable. I'd feel disappointed if it was less than £40 million though.

It'll be disappointing to get less than £40 million, because he's worth more than that. But the truth is we have very little power in this situation. If he does want to join a Champions League side, even if Villa come in and offer £40 million, he could turn them down if he knows Liverpool or Chelsea want him. We won't have any say in that. Those big clubs can then lowball us safe in the knowldege that in 6 months time he'll sign a pre contract with them and join for nothing next summer. I can only imagine the fee being over £30 million if several Champions League clubs are fighting over him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Particularly enjoying Villas arrogance, seem to think they can just come along in the summer and Biss will skip up there. Biss is better than them and his next move will be a champions league team and not Villa.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Do you think BHA would offer him a new contract before all this court business is sorted out?

Undoubtedly we will have had a contract offer in place before the incident at the nightclub last year and given that he's still playing for us, the offer is still on the table.

Very small chance he will accept it though, as although he would probably become our highest ever earner if he accepted it, it's still less than he'll get elsewhere

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I appreciate Rice, Bellingham and Phillips are good alternatives, but they will all cost far more than Biss, I just can’t see him going to a cash rich team that doesn’t have CL football to offer him.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I think the club is more than adequately covered in central midfield and would probably be very happy if a decent offer came in.
Not because the club want him to move but in the same way the Ben White to Arsenal move was best for all parties.
I'm sure he'd like to live in London and play in the Champions League but I think he'll go to whoever offers the most money.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I appreciate Rice, Bellingham and Phillips are good alternatives, but they will all cost far more than Biss, I just can’t see him going to a cash rich team that doesn’t have CL football to offer him.

I really hope you are right. Biss shouldn't under-sell himself. He is good enough and deserves to go to a CL club, here or abroad. I would be sad and disappointed for him if he settled on a mickey mouse outfit like Newcastle or Villa.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I don't think most of the 'Top 4' teams really care about value for money. I rate Biss highly but there are probably a few question marks about some things. Rice is probably at a slightly higher level and does have some goals in him, Phillips as an English CM will also be in demand if he can be taken from Leeds. I really don't think it is nailed on Biss goes to a top 4 team - otherwise we'd be seeing more concrete interest in my opinion.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For a start he'd walk into the Man Utd team right now, and they'll stick a 0 on anything Villa offer and won't bat an eye-lid about it if they so chose.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For a start he'd walk into the Man Utd team right now, and they'll stick a 0 on anything Villa offer and won't bat an eye-lid about it if they so chose.

You think Man Utd will pay £300M for Bissouma?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here