Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You know it's not a great window when the best bit of business is keeping a player nobody bid for

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

If nobody enquired about Biss then we're more under the radar than I thought.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
There will have been several inquiries for Bissouma and all will have been firmly (and probably not even politely) declined. Ben White was THIS year’s balance sheet straightener. When Biss goes to Liverpool or City or United the numbers will dwarf White’s.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I suspect he will sign a new deal. His stock has risen massively since we signed him over three years ago so he will want wages to reflect this. He has seen that if the right offer comes that we won’t stand in his way and it is a gamble to run down a contract. Yes potentially he could earn more as a free agent but you are a bad injury from earning nothing. A new contract will suit both parties, I think.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If he signs a new contract we're in a great position with him. Stay and we have a fantastic player. Go and the BW sale has set the benchmark for an Albion player so we'll be wanting £50m plus for him.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There will have been several inquiries for Bissouma and all will have been firmly (and probably not even politely) declined. Ben White was THIS year’s balance sheet straightener. When Biss goes to Liverpool or City or United the numbers will dwarf White’s.

I don't understand this. Having read many of the posts lamenting the lack of an incoming striker, surely if another club identifies Bissouma as a player they want, all they have to do is tell us and we are obligated just to let them have him on their Ts &Cs, whether he fancies going or not? Or is that just how it works for centre forwards?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bissouma

I don’t think there’s a better on form midfielder in the PL than Biss. Another absolute exhibtion today. Having him in our side is like playing with a cheat mode on.

We’re so lucky to have him, he’s just irreplaceable to us, a totally unique, special player. Those who were willing to take £40 million for him look increasingly naive. He’s at least double that.

Need to make the most of watching every game he plays for us. We’re not going to see another player like him for a long time.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Do we think he’s off to Tottenham, or Man U, or Villa tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Well if biss does go, I guess Tony wants the money more then top 10.

As Alzate and McCallister and Gross, are not good enough!. IMO

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Gary Jacob of The Times seems to be under the impression that we have suddenly decided, a few days from the end of the transfer window, that we are willing to sell Bissouma for £50m. Which makes me fairly certain that we haven't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Complete non story, if Biss was off it would be all over social media. No way would this be kept quiet

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Well if biss does go, I guess Tony wants the money more then top 10.

As Alzate and McCallister and Gross, are not good enough!. IMO

Crap. If - and it's a big if (see [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] post above) - we sell Biss it's because TB et al think that now is the time to maximise the revenue from his sale. If we got £50m, that goes a long way towards making us sustainable, and shows that the model (buy young talent cheaply, develop and sell for top dollar to enable us to compete with wealthier Prem clubs) is working.

If you're going to piss your pants over this, you'd better buy some nappies. This won't be the last player we sell in this way. It's our model - it DOESN'T mean we are ambitious. It PROVES that we are.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Crap. If - and it's a big if (see [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] post above) - we sell Biss it's because TB et al think that now is the time to maximise the revenue from his sale. If we got £50m, that goes a long way towards making us sustainable, and shows that the model (buy young talent cheaply, develop and sell for top dollar to enable us to compete with wealthier Prem clubs) is working.

If you're going to piss your pants over this, you'd better buy some nappies. This won't be the last player we sell in this way. It's our model - it DOESN'T mean we are ambitious. It PROVES that we are.

Piss my pants LOL, I don't give a **** mate. ****ing sell him. Honestly, people on here over react to **** all

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Absolutely. Some football fans are like spoiled kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here