• Other Premier League Team

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • Abroad

Votes: 32 17.9%

• Total voters

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
What? We all know about the investigation but on the pitch?

24 starts this season, 10 yellow cards. Although I wouldn’t say it was an on pitch discipline issue that is a high number of cards. Considering those yellows have come from him giving away just 30 fouls this season I’d say it’s more because of the positions he plays and the type of player he is than anything else.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last extension to his bail was until the 6th June.
That's the friend who was arrested with him, I believe. There's no restrictions on Biss to stop him playing anywhere as he's not on bail.

................. and his next destination? Phuket, or maybe the Maldives, I reckon!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If we are resigned to losing him I only hope we get the right fee. Really not sure why on earth he'd go to Villa as really a bit of a sideways move. As for Newcastle it's the money bags move but even with all their cash I don't see them immediately challenging man city or Liverpool.

If their scouts have any sense Spurs, Arsenal or Man United should be falling over themselves to get him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Villa supporting relative seems to think it's already a done deal and they've got a steal.

:nono:

Well we already turned down £35m from them, so it makes perfect sense that we'd do a cut-price deal with them before the window even opens and preclude a summer bidding war involving clubs with more financial clout not to mention more attraction for the player himself in terms of professional aspirations.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
24 starts this season, 10 yellow cards. Although I wouldn’t say it was an on pitch discipline issue that is a high number of cards. Considering those yellows have come from him giving away just 30 fouls this season I’d say it’s more because of the positions he plays and the type of player he is than anything else.
Those we’re my thoughts. Some of the bookings have also been reasonably tame to.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
There was a bit in the press last week by Smug Eddie saying Newcastle will have less that 100 million to spend so it will depend in their priorities if that’s true.

If he don’t want to stay he can go to whoever pays us the most money.

He’s no Albion legend, stay another season and he may be spoken about in those terms.

TB can play hardball and make him stay and end his contract but he won’t TB is not stupid and I’m 100% sure GP and TB et al have a plan.

Well that rules them out then - we would want at least that from them if they come knocking. :)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
£5 to whoever spots the real ‘CrodoVilla’ on their 85 page Bissouma thread :laugh:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/22623-yves-bissouma/page/85/#comments

I read the last page. Didn't see Crodo but I did see a lot of people talking as if they could sign anyone they wanted. It was quite an interesting discussion about Bissouma's best position and whether it would be better to sign him, Phillips, Kamara or someone else.

There wasn't a Leeds like level of club hyperbole and hubris, just a quiet, unstated assumption that they could sign whomever they wanted. For that reason alone if Biss does leave it would put a smile on my face if he turned them down for another club. Even better would be if he turned them down when they're the only buying option.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If he played for a top six club he wouldn't have got half the bookings imo

I think he'll end up at Newcastle for the wonga but I think TB may make it incredibly awkward for him to go there. In fact scrap that TB won't let Newcastle buy him on reflection

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Man Utd, Spurs & Arsenal all need a central midfielder like him. Chelsea have plenty whilst Liverpool & Man City won't offer many starts. He has been superb for two seasons and I'd hate to see him make a sideways step to a club that isn't top 6

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'll be pretty gutted if he ONLY goes to Villa but if they offer more cash than anyone else then perhaps pragmatism wins over pride.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION], I can't seem to find this press release, any clues ?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Absolutely want him to stay - but if he does go, he should play at the very top, City so NEED to replace Fernandinho and he's the perfect candidate. He will make any of the Toxic six better sides.

Should stay at Brighton though - 100%

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool: Stacked, and Milner's been offered a 1-year extension, so unlikely.
Citeh: Stacked, and fernandinho's replacement likely to be Tchouameni so - again - unlikely.
Chelsea: Stacked. And even if Jorginho does leave Conor Gallagher is returning from Palace. Unlikely.
Man Utd: Vacancies in squad but new manager likely to bring in Frenkie De Jong or else marquee players like Bellingham, Rice, even Kalvin Phillips. He doesn't know Bissouma.
Arsenal: Could be a vacancy if Elneny contract not renewed but would have to displace Xhaka / Odegaard / Partey / Lokonga. Possible.
Spurs: He is better than Hojbjerg, Skipp and could be a rock alongside Bentancourt / possibly Eriksen. A London move - European football, Conte a superb manager. This looks the best move in terms of game time and fit.
Non-top 6: Why bother?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here