Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birthday party / football clash...

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Mrs 16BHA has booked my daughters 5th birthday party at the same time as Hull City at home. Slightly problematic in itself.

She then says "don't worry, you go to the football". What the hell should i red into that? Is it an open offer or a veiled threat?

Should I be a bad dad or bad supporter????

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Your daughter will only have one 5th birthday.
The Albion will have at least 26 home games this season.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Plus, if you go to the party rather than the football, you pass her test and get brownie points

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You'll find out when/if you get home

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
If her birthday is actually on that Saturday then you're stuffed - you ought to go to her party.

However, if her birthday is not on the Saturday and the Mrs has booked on Saturday for 'convenience', then make a fuss of your daughter on her birthday and go to the game guilt-free with your wife's blessing.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think it should be your daughters birthday. It is only hull after all. I was shitting myself until the fixtures came out, I did a huge sigh of relief when Donny was the day before my daughters birthday. If it had been moved to the Sunday for TV, I'd have been screwed.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
priorities surely daughter. i love the albion but if it was a choice family comes first with no second thought.

im lucky that my girl will be 6 on 26th november when we are home against Coventry, oops, but she wants my misses to come along to watch (if can get another ticket) and go for a birthday meal in east stand restaurant. party will be the sunday then with all her friends. promise, she had the choice to miss football and have party but she wants to do both lol (plus wants to get her name read out at half time lol)

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i booked my sons 6th birthday party on the peterborough game, i am a season ticket holder and only have been once

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
ignoring what your wife says, it is your daughter's 5th birthday. You would need to be a pretty poor father not to go to that. You should get some perspective and go to her birthday, it will mean the world to her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here