Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham v Wigan Tuesday night......

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
If there's one side in this division that I feel can't be relied upon its Birmingham.

any team in any league staring relegation places in the face with a game to go FIGHTS for everty ball - scratches, pulls, bites, and does anything.....their wages and careers are on the line....and wigan are in need of some nappys as i can hear the squeak from here.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
any team in any league staring relegation places in the face with a game to go FIGHTS for everty ball - scratches, pulls, bites, and does anything.....their wages and careers are on the line....and wigan are in need of some nappys as i can hear the squeak from here.

Managed to get stuffed by hapless Leeds today though.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
If there's one side in this division that I feel can't be relied upon its Birmingham.

Absolutely agree. Based on the collective views of mates supporting other championship clubs, Birmingham are easily the worst team in the division right now. There is internal strife between senior and loan players and manager Mr Cheery is the LAST man on earth you would wish to motivate a team in the doldrums. Can't see anything but a Wigan win.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Absolutely agree. Based on the collective views of mates supporting other championship clubs, Birmingham are easily the worst team in the division right now. There is internal strife between senior and loan players and manager Mr Cheery is the LAST man on earth you would wish to motivate a team in the doldrums. Can't see anything but a Wigan win.

"Can't see anything but a Wigan win."

and we all said that this morning too regarding the blackpool visit.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On paper Birmingham should be fighting for every ball, 90 minutes of fire.

But I've seen them twice his season and they looked clueless and lazy in both, and have lost recently to some very average teams, including Leeds today.

But they have to win at home again sometime so let's hope it happens on Tuesday.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I think we had more of a hope in Doncaster getting something against Reading. Birmingham don't look like they could beat anyone at the moment. I expect them to go down. Best we could hope for is a draw and then Wigan have a difficult local Derby with Blackburn which might open it up for us.

My gut feeling is that we have finally lucked out. Against the odds we stayed in touch recently despite a string of disappointing results -most recently the draws against Barnsley, Huddersfield and Charlton. I wasn't confident that we could score against Yeovil until Kaz' cross went in. If we don't make it we've got ourselves to blame. Fingers crossed though!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We've just got to concentrate on beating Forest and whatever else happens, happens.
It's too late to do anything else now.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Birmingham go away to Bolton last game so realistically they have to get a win from the home game against Wigan if they have any chance of staying up

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We of all teams should know, when a team is in last chance territory for relegation anything can happen. I could perhaps see Birmingham getting a point, strange things happen in this league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here