Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bizarre decision to send Cook out on loan, when we have no cover at ch and end up having to put Tarrico on bench, as Calderon plays out of position. We have not played two up front for as long as I can remember, yet Paynter who is a striker signs on loan and is on bench. If Buckley had to be replaced at short noticed why not replace him with Lualua instead of Barnes who had been dropped due to recent form.....Some strange decisions are happening all round imo. Lualua will not come on unless we are 1-0 down but that will be to late. Pace is the only way we are going to score today, we will not score the way things are atm. Think Poyet is so scared of losing games that he is not picking sides to win them.

Who said barnes was dropped due to recent form? Sure, lots of fans criticise him and suggest he has not been contributing, but that's been going on for the last season and a half and gus has still picked him. Perhaps Gus had other reasons for dropping him (preferred tactics required Buckley, or Buckley deserving a chance leaving no room for Barnes, Barnes being third choice and always going to miss out to a fit Buckley) and with buckley injure he returned.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Leicster score at upton park 2-1 there. I hate score on bbc, its pretty dull.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
CMS sounds like he's really up for this. I've got a feeling he's gonna nick one in a bit...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We seem to be trying to find CMS in space. Good signs. Needs reinforcements at speed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BP on , making his loan debut , Spaz off

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Chris Wood makes a feeble pass. Now he is taken off. Billy Paynter on for Matt Sparrow. Risky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here