Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham Away

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
For those of you who are going I would exercise extreme caution. St Andrews is located in one of the most deprived areas of the country. On my last visit I was subjected to homophobic abuse of the most extreme nature.

I have heard they are not the most pleasant fans. However, we haven't played them for ages, so things may have changed?

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
For those of you who are going I would exercise extreme caution. St Andrews is located in one of the most deprived areas of the country. On my last visit I was subjected to homophobic abuse of the most extreme nature.
was it these two boring buffoons who upset you ?
1_fullsize.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
was it these two boring buffoons who upset you ?
View attachment 28377

Why would two supporters of West Bromwich Albion be subjecting me to homophobic abuse outside St Andrews??

I hope it's got better but I would still keep colours covered up, and accents, and be vary wary of leaving the stadium as you filter in with the home support their are plenty of their nutters ready to pick you off.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I have heard they are not the most pleasant fans. However, we haven't played them for ages, so things may have changed?

Times have changed, for the worse id say,judgeing by the news..Been there before and not a very nice experence and I can only imagine its worse now and im not talking about in the ground.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Worse than "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" or "We can see you holding hands" ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last time I was there, when we spoiled their promotion party somewhat, in a thrilling 3 all draw, I don't remember any trouble whatsoever. [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] - any recollections?

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
Last time I was there, when we spoiled their promotion party somewhat, in a thrilling 3 all draw, I don't remember any trouble whatsoever. [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] - any recollections?

Cracking game. 2-0 down to 3-2 up wasn't it? Chappers, Storer and a Stuart Munday bicycle kick?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
95/96?Uriah Rennie was the ref.Jimmy Case came on as a sub in the second half,possibly last appearance for Albion?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cracking game. 2-0 down to 3-2 up wasn't it? Chappers, Storer and a Stuart Munday bicycle kick?

Yes indeed - amazing game of football.

As they were heading up they only gave us a few (500?) tickets and, in the end, didn't actually sell out the home sections.

I have a vague recollection that at 3-2 to us the referee gave them a very soft penalty to equalise with.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I will be there. Reasonable ticket prices, too.

St Andrews is walkable from New Street but Crodo is right that it's a very dodgy part of the city.

Drink in the city centre would be my advice.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
£9 for under 19 :bowdown:
Takes the piss when you see the likes of Ipswich charging £23 for a 17 year old.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Why would two supporters of West Bromwich Albion be subjecting me to homophobic abuse outside St Andrews??

I hope it's got better but I would still keep colours covered up, and accents, and be vary wary of leaving the stadium as you filter in with the home support their are plenty of their nutters ready to pick you off.
its called humour love.. heard of it ?:whistle:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
How do yo get there from New Street ?

As others have said there is a bus there, but from what i've seen of it, will be pretty packed. Is only about 15 minute walk from the city centre, and about £4 in a cab which only takes a couple of minutes

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
train deals?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here