Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham and Reading - scary stuff.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Birmingham are in free fall thanks to the chaos off the off the field. Reading are down but by no means out, it's just that their chairman in starting to lose interest and as such has got tired of subsidising the team. I think they will pull out of this but not so sure about Brum.

It's a warning of what could happen to us though, enjoy it as long as it lasts. Don't forget that it wasn't so long ago that Reading were the same as we were, a nothing team making up the numbers in the bottom leagues.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I know people are saying it's only 6 games gone and is still early which it is........but already we have a 12 point advantage over Reading and 10 points over several teams i though would be challenging top 6, I'm not saying they still won't be and I'm sure we'll go through our own dodgy patch (although we didn't last year) but 10-12 point gaps are bloody hard to make up in such a competitive division as this one!!!
.....and I would love to see Reading relegated!!!!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I think when you said "scary", you meant to say "funny".

that's a like :)

Infact, can we have a 'like' feature on here?

It's a bit of a pointless post me telling Edna that her post made me laugh, but I would like to give it some appreciation.

carry on

I know people are saying it's only 6 games gone and is still early which it is........but already we have a 12 point advantage over Reading and 10 points over several teams i though would be challenging top 6, I'm not saying they still won't be and I'm sure we'll go through our own dodgy patch (although we didn't last year) but 10-12 point gaps are bloody hard to make up in such a competitive division as this one!!!
.....and I would love to see Reading relegated!!!!

Which team have you been following then?
We sure enough DID go through a dodgy patch, I think there was a whole month where we gained a paltry couple of points from about 5 or 6 games.
The great thing was, that other rival sides were either playing each other or similarly sucking in their games at the same time. Gus even commented on the almost-conspiracy to keep us above them and not take advantage of our bad spell.
But we certainly did have a dodgy period - or two!

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
League one could have a glut of "big" clubs next year. Birmingham, Reading, Huddersfield, both Sheffield clubs, Charlton, and Palace ( not included as big). Amazing the ups and downs in football. Just really enjoying our up!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, come on now, I know it's early, and twenty five or so years of following this club means I am always expecting the next defeat is just around the corner, but equally, there is nothing wrong with enjoying, just for the moment, our current position. And laughing at Reading's. Or any other clubs'.

No, I don't actually expect them to finish down there, and I've no intention of going on their messageboard and larging it up, as I know only too well how the twists and turns of life can often leave you looking like a stroker of Nigel Adkins proportions. But please, allow me to enjoy the fact that they are doing badly AT THE CURRENT TIME, and to wish them 100% on-field misfortune.

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
Newcastle knew what they were doing w/ Hughton/Pardew.

For all the stick Ashley gets, 90% of his moves have been spot on.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reading's shite start is simply down to having a shite squad..
In the past few years they must've made £25 million from selling the likes of Sigurdsson, Doyle, Long, Mills, Matejovsky, Hunt etc and have spent barely any of the money they've made.
It's all very well keeping the club financially secure, but the fans won't see it that way when they're straight down to League One because of it.
Not that I'm complaining- long may it continue.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Hmmm. I feel sorry for fans of clubs being screwed over by unscrupulous owners- which isn't actually all that many of the ones who've ended up in financial trouble really- but laughing at other teams' misfortunes on the pitch is what football is all about. A bit of schadenfreude is part of the game. Would be dull otherwise.

Do I feel sorry for Reading's fans because their team has been shit lately? Absolutely not, I find it highly amusing. Wasn't that long that we could only look on with envy at their set up and on-field success, and their ability to pinch the likes of Sidwell and Coppell from our grasp.

Well screw them, the worm has turned, and now it's our go. We've put up with more grief than most over the last twenty years and I for one plan to enjoy every minute of the current high period. Let Reading curse and moan and look on enviously at us for once. Feel pity for them? Not on your life.

Post of the week!

In the bottom three, not long out of the Prem, just goes to show how fortunes can be reversed.

Doesn't it.

Really, I couldn't forget this unbelievably silly thread, when BCFC had dropped only through not having bloody played, and Reading weren't too far in arrears either.

Reading are currently 5th ???
Birmingham City have a game in hand (against Portsmouth) which *could* put them 6th.

What WAS "scary stuff"?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Imagine how scared shitless those tottenham fans must have been at the kick off to the season to see their team near the bottom of the table (on alphabetical order).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here