Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham and Reading - scary stuff.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
In the bottom three, not long out of the Prem, just goes to show how fortunes can be reversed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think when you said "scary", you meant to say "funny".

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
B'ham have only played 4 i think.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think when you said "scary", you meant to say "funny".[/QUOT

I care nothing for either club but I feel for the fans. We all know only too well what abject failure and fall from grace feels like.

Hmmm. I feel sorry for fans of clubs being screwed over by unscrupulous owners- which isn't actually all that many of the ones who've ended up in financial trouble really- but laughing at other teams' misfortunes on the pitch is what football is all about. A bit of schadenfreude is part of the game. Would be dull otherwise.

Do I feel sorry for Reading's fans because their team has been shit lately? Absolutely not, I find it highly amusing. Wasn't that long that we could only look on with envy at their set up and on-field success, and their ability to pinch the likes of Sidwell and Coppell from our grasp.

Well screw them, the worm has turned, and now it's our go. We've put up with more grief than most over the last twenty years and I for one plan to enjoy every minute of the current high period. Let Reading curse and moan and look on enviously at us for once. Feel pity for them? Not on your life.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm. I feel sorry for fans of clubs being screwed over by unscrupulous owners- which isn't actually all that many of the ones who've ended up in financial trouble really- but laughing at other teams' misfortunes on the pitch is what football is all about. A bit of schadenfreude is part of the game. Would be dull otherwise.

Do I feel sorry for Reading's fans because their team has been shit lately? Absolutely not, I find it highly amusing. Wasn't that long that we could only look on with envy at their set up and on-field success, and their ability to pinch the likes of Sidwell and Coppell from our grasp.

Well screw them, the worm has turned, and now it's our go. We've put up with more grief than most over the last twenty years and I for one plan to enjoy every minute of the current high period. Let Reading curse and moan and look on enviously at us for once. Feel pity for them? Not on your life.

I think you're missing my point. I care not for the Brummys and Reading but I ponder with some trepidation what a fickle mistress football can be. I am Whoozey with success, I swoon at the championship table and would happily perform any act of abject degradation if Mr Poyet asked it of me (probably in the manner of Lord Percy from Blackadder). Nevertheless, I am a realist, and I worry that if the two aforesaid clubs can fall from grace in such spectacular fashion then could this happen to us? Of course it could, but perhaps the only way to deal with these concerns is to cast them aside and live in the present. Altogether now: "strawberry blond, your having a laugh" and "Where's the sea, where's the sea, where's the sea?"

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Birmingham do have 2 games in hand. 2 wins and they go top 8.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Reading is a surprise but I expected Birmingham to struggle.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
edna krabappel Hmmm. I feel sorry for fans of clubs being screwed over by unscrupulous owners- which isn't actually all that many of the ones who've ended up in financial trouble really- but laughing at other teams' misfortunes on the pitch is what football is all about. A bit of schadenfreude is part of the game. Would be dull otherwise. Do I feel sorry for Reading's fans because their team has been shit lately? Absolutely not said:
THIS(ok then a proper answer)

Edna-the humble,the honest,the compassionate,the humility within me,asks to go with the - lets remember where we came from,not go above our station,be nice.

The devil however has knocked at my door,and has said come out to play,bring the Albion along for a while....

I asked God and he said it's fine,you will always return home,fear not,enjoy yourself and have fun,for i gave you free will-however-remember cause and effect,just as Edna has pointed out....God finally said there are those who don't wish to let you give green bar to the posts of quality at present,that's the way it shall be,unless it is not...i told God,i would give positive rep to Edna anyway....God? well she smiled approvingly.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Never (unless youre top!) look at the table until ten games at least!!

Maybe it's a false position,some big names to play yet-I prefer 12 to 15 games or my other indicator is where are we at the start of October-can't help peeping though,seems another 76 points to go :lol: what? :shrug:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
No surprise about Small heath and their struggles. Alot of their players have jumped ship since the relegation and financial/ownership gongshow and it was bound to happen. m

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Too right, we've suffered enough no harm in enjoying the reversal of fortunes, nothing wrong in that at all

With 2 games less played than all but 2 of the division (the two teams they still need to play) you can ignore BCFC's position. If they win today they might go up 10 league places, with a game in hand vs Burnley that a win could put them with Palace on 10 points.

So yes, fortunes can be reversed for them, simply by fulfilling a couple of fixtures and packing up points.

Reading are just a bit crap, at the moment. Was there any reason to think they'd be a top side then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here