Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birchall and jarret

alex_brighton

Banned
Jan 29, 2009
if we have only signed birchall jarret and carole to the end of the season,
based on the performances we have seen so far would you give them new contracts?

chalkmycue

Feb 17, 2009
Carole Defintly!!
Birchall Yes. Although i think he is looking heavy at the moment.
Jarrett Jurys out??

The problem with short contracts is if they dont work out your not stuck long term with a player you dont want, if they work out they will just go on a freebie to a better team which i beleive will happen with Carole.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
what? have any of you seen these players?! Jarrett was far and away the best albion player against carlisle, and has impressed in most other games. He would be my definite out of the three.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What exactly do people see in Carole. He does some fancy footwork on the wing but his end product is, to say the least, unproductive. He might look good at times but apart from his first time cross in his first game, nothing has come of it. On Saturday, he should have scored against Carlisle with just the keeper to beat but instead only hits the bar. He cannot track back and defend. He doesn't even fall into the category of a luxury we can't afford!!!!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Birchall and Jarret - yes.
Carloe still needs to work on his final product, but I would still sign him.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I actually think Carole is very creative on the ball, and not just with his fancy footwork. He can pick some wonderful passes, and is more creative than Cox.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
How very Brighton, in Jarret we finally have a midfielder who has a bit of height, can get stuck in and probably can play from box to box.

So what do the fans do, write him off as not good enough...

The best midfield player in terms of retaining the ball I have seen for some time in a Brighton shirt. Definitely get him signed up long term.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In most of the games I've seen him play, Jarrett has been anonymous.

Anonymous? He seems like the best centre midfielder we've got by MILES. The 2 times i've seen him he's looked quality and DEF one to keep - he just needs a new partner in the middle. Very tiday midfielder yet more creative than say Thompson...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here