Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biometric Passports

There was a discussion on here recently about these biometric passports, started by icy. Anyway, over the weekend someone demonstrated how to clone them. So we're paying shed loads of money for a totally f'in useless technology, just as anyone with any intelligence and knowledge of it and hacking said would happen.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/04/cloning_epassports/

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It does sound cool though doesn't it? Having a biometric passport. Go on admit it. You want one anyway don't you?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
readingstockport said:
I've got one already. And no, I don't really. The technology is flawed and the justifications for it are spurious.

Did they take your fingerprints? Doesn't that mean you must be some sort of criminal?!!

;)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
readingstockport said:
The technology is flawed and the justifications for it are spurious.

I agree in a way. I'm not sure I like the idea of someone being able to steal my passport and clone me. They could commit all sorts of crimes and I'd get the blame. Then they'd revoke the passport anyway due to my criminal convictions so I may as well not bother in the first place.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not only that, but someone in the last week or so ran a piece pointing out that the technology could be used to target foreigners, for such applications as targeting vulnerable tourists for a spot of mugging, though kidnappings, to terrorist attacks/assinations.

nice. :shootself

Last edited:

Rangdo said:
I'm not sure I like the idea of someone being able to steal my passport and clone me.

Can you be sure that they have not already done this, and that you are in fact the clone?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
As you can see, i cloned myself 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, they were halved and flawed, but, ultimately tasty at the end of a 3 hour herbal roast in my mum's favourite kiln.

Doink_the_clown.jpg

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lokki 7 said:
Can you be sure that they have not already done this, and that you are in fact the clone?

I guess I can't really be sure. However I have as yet not been blamed for the crimes of another so the life of a clone is a happy one. Well, not Meade's_Ball's clones obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here