Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biology...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Christos, you wouldnt be able to tell me the four main factors that affect the demand for silver would you? Thank you please :)

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
You did English and yet under your user name you describe yourself as a 'playwrite'?

I did French and German, btw.

yes... i don't think you know about english literature... it involves the study of literature... drama being literature also... people these days!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
yes... i don't think you know about english literature... it involves the study of literature... drama being literature also... people these days!

My point was that it's spelt "playwright".

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Can anyone answer

1. Which of the 3 groups of biological molecules contain polymers?

Stupid question, two of them do, all proteins are polymers and some carbohydrates are.

2. Name the monomer involved

In protein, amino acids, in starch (the main polymeric carbohydrate), glucose.

3.Which of the 3 groups of biological molecules can act as energy stores in cells?

Fats and, again,some carbohydrates. At a push, proteins, because they get used as a last resort once you run out of fats.

4. Starch is a polysaccharide in plants, What is the corresponding molecule in animal cells which is a glucose store?

Glycogen

In which organs/tissues is it found?

Mainly in the liver.

5. Name a structural polysaccharide of plants and state where it is found

Cellulose, cell wall.

6. How many different molecules join to make up a lipid molecule and how many molecules altogether?

3 and 5.

By the way, I deliberately got one wrong, wouldn't want your homework to be too easy. That's all useless to you now unless you do your research and find out which one it is.

HTH

Can anyone answer

3.Which of the 3 groups of biological molecules can act as energy stores in cells?
4. Starch is a polysaccharide in plants, What is the corresponding molecule in animal cells which is a glucose store? In which organs/tissues is it found?
6. How many different molecules join to make up a lipid molecule and how many molecules altogether?

I know, but I'm not going to tell you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can anyone answer

4. Starch is a polysaccharide in plants, What is the corresponding molecule in animal cells which is a glucose store? In which organs/tissues is it found?

If you had asked me this 9 months ago I might have been able to have a punt at a few of these....trouble is, I have subsequently discovered fine ales from Belgium so now I don't know squat.....
can give you 5 at a push.... cellulose in the Phloem and Xylem system

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Christos, you wouldnt be able to tell me the four main factors that affect the demand for silver would you? Thank you please :)

Would one of them be when a child is born into the aristocracy, they need a supply of silver to make spoons to put in its mouth...another might be if there is an Olympics in the year, just to make a few medals.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you had asked me this 9 months ago I might have been able to have a punt at a few of these....trouble is, I have subsequently discovered fine ales from Belgium so now I don't know squat.....
can give you 5 at a push.... cellulose in the Phloem and Xylem system

Now if you were talking storage polysaccarides in a plant system I`m your man but structural.........well thats different.
Dont get me started on starches and glycogens though, I`ll go all night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here