Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biology...

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Can anyone answer

1. Which of the 3 groups of biological molecules contain polymers?
2. Name the monomer involved
3.Which of the 3 groups of biological molecules can act as energy stores in cells?
4. Starch is a polysaccharide in plants, What is the corresponding molecule in animal cells which is a glucose store? In which organs/tissues is it found?
5. Name a structural polysaccharide of plants and state where it is found
6. How many different molecules join to make up a lipid molecule and how many molecules altogether?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well. That certainly beats "Where can I get GOSBTS for a Nokia' as an NSC question thread.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can anyone answer

1. Which of the 3 groups of biological molecules contain polymers?
2. Name the monomer involved
3.Which of the 3 groups of biological molecules can act as energy stores in cells?
4. Starch is a polysaccharide in plants, What is the corresponding molecule in animal cells which is a glucose store? In which organs/tissues is it found?
5. Name a structural polysaccharide of plants and state where it is found
6. How many different molecules join to make up a lipid molecule and how many molecules altogether?

Do your own course work STUDENT

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Last time I did homework was at college, and I don't intend on starting again.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We don't do coursework anymore coz apparently some people cheat from the internet :shrug:

How else are you to find out then ?
In my day we had to go to the library.
Dont know your born you lot.

and I bet there`s no thrashings in the dorm at your place.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We don't do coursework anymore coz apparently some people cheat from the internet :shrug:

Surely no-one would use an Internet site to help them with their homew...hang on a second.

:jester:

Btw, have you tried turning it off and on again (the usual answer for any help requests posted on NSC)?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
You did English and yet under your user name you describe yourself as a 'playwrite'?

I did French and German, btw.

Only the BEST students did French and German:thumbsup:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Can anyone answer

1. Which of the 3 groups of biological molecules contain polymers? Emerson, Lake & Palmer
2. Name the monomer involved Britney
3.Which of the 3 groups of biological molecules can act as energy stores in cells? Duran Duran
4. Starch is a polysaccharide in plants, What is the corresponding molecule in animal cells which is a glucose store? Fun Boy Three In which organs/tissues is it found? Hammond/Kleenex
5. Name a structural polysaccharide of plants and state where it is found The Leaning Tower of Pisa. In Pisa, stupid.
6. How many different molecules join to make up a lipid molecule and how many molecules altogether? Six million. And one.

Hope that helps.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
6. Lipids are made up of a glycerol molecule with either 2 or 3 fatty acid tails.
2 fatty acid tails if they are a phospholipid or 3 if they are a triglyceride.

I think i know the others but as i struggled so bad with AS biology and dropped out, I'm prob not the best person to answer..

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
TY v much Christos I managed to find out all the answers apart from 2 and 6 which hopefully I now have right :clap:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can anyone answer

1. Which of the 3 groups of biological molecules contain polymers? Emerson, Lake & Palmer
2. Name the monomer involved Britney
3.Which of the 3 groups of biological molecules can act as energy stores in cells? Duran Duran
4. Starch is a polysaccharide in plants, What is the corresponding molecule in animal cells which is a glucose store? Fun Boy Three In which organs/tissues is it found? Hammond/Kleenex
5. Name a structural polysaccharide of plants and state where it is found The Leaning Tower of Pisa. In Pisa, stupid.
6. How many different molecules join to make up a lipid molecule and how many molecules altogether? Six million. And one.

Hope that helps.

Go and never darken our towels again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here