Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter signs on loan until January

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I rate Barnes i defend him every time people slag him off, i dont rate Paynter at all

But yet you are saying Leeds fans don't rate him as your reason to dislike Paynter but if any clubs fans came on here after the Hull game they would read Barnes is shit etc etc.

LFIP

Oct 27, 2011
Anyway I'm off soon, hope he does well for you so you take him off our hands permanently.

Good luck.

MOT

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Lmfao what a shit response i couldnt give a toss if he ant played a game yet, his done nothing to impress me at Leeds at all, nothing so its not a great signing for me at all infact its f***ing woeful

Please f*** off. Give the guy a chance, before he has even had a chance to wear the Blue and White stripes!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Lmfao what a shit response i couldnt give a toss if he ant played a game yet, his done nothing to impress me at Leeds at all, nothing so its not a great signing for me at all infact its f***ing woeful

You're going from what Leeds fans have said, you've said you seen him play once, yeah he may not have done too well at Leeds but he's shown what he's capable of whether it's a league below or not. But yeah you're right what a SHIT signing he is even though he hasn't had a chance to prove himself :/

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

You're not exactly covering yourself in glory on here.....sort your grammar out as well before you go back to school next week !!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In Gus I trust.

But I don't trust Billy Paynter. I've seen a fair amount of him, and have never been impressed. We're totally different to Swindon and Leeds though, so our style of football might suit him better and make him look a lot better. Hopefully.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
His stats last season are a bit misleading. He only started 7 games, he clearly did not play well in any of them as he got substituted but still he never got a proper run in the team. Of his substitute appearances (14 in total) he was brought on in the 89th minute four times, and the 88th, 86th and 85th minute once each, so he barely got to play for Leeds. As I recall he started the season injured, his first start was not until 28th December, with a full preseason and without the fans on his back he may be better than the Leeds fans have seen.

Is he what we are looking for? Gus thinks so, and that is good enough for me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As i said once this season, you only have to read Leeds fans stance on the guy, bit like some of our lot on Barnes on here.

I hope i get made to eat my words but tbh based on what i have seen im hot holding to much hope.

If Gus had signed Diouf would you guys be slagging it off or accepting it, as just as i disagree with a signing does not make me a bad person, i dont rate the guy at all.

If Gus signed former premier league winger and £11m signing Diouf, I would be pleased. Not quite sure what your point is.

You have seen him ONCE in a team that h clearly isn't really part of. He is hardly going to BLOW YOU AWAY.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I rate Barnes i defend him every time people slag him off, i dont rate Paynter at all

Which makes using him as your example all the more ridiculous. You cite a player you believe to be good despite large numbers of fans slating him, as a comparison to a player who large numbers of his own fans are slating, and suggesting he won't be any good.

Your own experience with barnes should tell you there's at least one players at every club who, for some reason, fans all pick holes in and get on his back, blowing his mistakes way out of proportion, despite him being valued by the manager and having a clear measurable contribution to the team. Yet, despite this you're only too willing to accept leeds fans' appraisals as accurate.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Barnes before he came here- 2 in 22, does that make him shit now? Thought not.

His scored 5 goals in the championship, all his goals have come in league one and 2, Barnes has already beaten that this season

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
If Gus signed former premier league winger and £11m signing Diouf, I would be please. Not quite sure what your point is.

You have seen him ONCE in a team that h clearly isn't really part of. He is hardly going to BLOW YOU AWAY.

I have seen him once this season, as thats all his played i have seen him many times before that, his not good at all

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Gus is God give it a rest mate. I think Gus knows slightly more about football management than you, and judging by your username you trust his judgement:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here