Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter signs on loan until January

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I remember him providing a good foil for Charlie Austin when we played Swindon at that time. He's got the physical presence none of our other strikers have.
Not a signing to get the blood pumping but if Gus thinks he's worth signing then I'd go along with that.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lmfao what a shit response i couldnt give a toss if he ant played a game yet, his done nothing to impress me at Leeds at all, nothing so its not a great signing for me at all infact its f***ing woeful

Can I suggest you either change your username or your attitude? :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So we have Leeds fan unanimously slating him, yet Gus has clearly seen something in him to bring him here.

So, do we trust the Leeds fans or trust Gus? Only time will tell for sure, of course, but I know where my money would be.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As i said once this season, you only have to read Leeds fans stance on the guy, bit like some of our lot on Barnes on here.

Barnes, who is our top scorer this year, 20 goals last season, who despite what some of the people on here seem to think, keeps getting picked by Gus. So, to support the leeds fans' opinions you cite a player who receives abuse he doesn't actually deserve?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Leeds fans don't rate him....we get it!

I'll make my own mind up on the guy when I've seen him play a few times if it's all the same.

His awful guys come on, you only have to read the Leeds reviews of him. Im really disappointed by this

Here we go again - another snap judgement based on the opinions of other supporters rather than having the intelligence to make a judgement after seeing for yourself. I think Harley is being hard done by with some of the comments on here after a handful of games. Now people are writing Paynter off before he has kicked a ball for us! A forum is for reasoned and rational discussion not for a public demonstration of stupidity.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Pleased with that signing. Should give us some badly needed variation up front and give centre backs someone else to pick up rather than CMS on his own.

Really surprised he's only 27 too, thought he was early 30's.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
As i said once this season, you only have to read Leeds fans stance on the guy, bit like some of our lot on Barnes on here.

I hope i get made to eat my words but tbh based on what i have seen im hot holding to much hope.

If Gus had signed Diouf would you guys be slagging it off or accepting it, as just as i disagree with a signing does not make me a bad person, i dont rate the guy at all.

Its a matter of opinions, you seem to have seen him once this season and you already think he's shit. All i'm trying to say is give the guy a chance!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Barnes, who is our top scorer this year, 20 goals last season, who despite what some of the people on here seem to think, keeps getting picked by Gus. So, to support the leeds fans' opinions you cite a player who receives abuse he doesn't actually deserve?

I rate Barnes i defend him every time people slag him off, i dont rate Paynter at all

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he's so shit, how come he scored for fun against Leeds which is assumably why they bought him??

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
You can f*** right off 'Gus is God', you've been here since September this year, you have no right to complain about signings just because you decided to support us when we were top of the league...

LFIP

Oct 27, 2011
So we have Leeds fan unanimously slating him, yet Gus has clearly seen something in him to bring him here.

So, do we trust the Leeds fans or trust Gus? Only time will tell for sure, of course, but I know where my money would be.

Easy question ;)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We've seen shit big men come in before and hit it off for us. We need someone like him regardless of his championship stats. Should fit in

Poyet knows !

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Its a matter of opinions, you seem to have seen him once this season and you already think he's shit. All i'm trying to say is give the guy a chance!

Its imposible to see him more has his not deemed good enough to play for Leeds and his goal scoring record for them speaks for its self 1 goal in 23 games.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11

Which makes the loaning out of Cook all the more odd. I would have thought if Gus doesn't rate Calderon at the moment, Cook was ideal to step into his shoes. Maybe Gus just doesn't rate him, which is surprising given his performance against Liverpool, and as Dunk is close to a second ban. If Gus plans to use Reyes at right back, then he still has the midfield to sort out, as whatever you think of Dicker, his loss makes us short there; I must admit I thought Reyes had been brought in as the "destroyer".

Hopefully Gus can get Paynter working well for him, acting as the battering ram for CMS to feed off. As said earlier, he turned round El Abd, maybe he can do the same for BP. Personally I think we missed a trick by not getting Darius Henderson back when he left Sheffield United, but maybe that was when we had Wood and Murray (when did Henderson go to Millwall?), unless Henderson had such bad memories of playing for us that he would not come back (I seem to remember him getting a pretty poor reception from some of our fans, when to me he looked a pretty decent player).

Last edited:

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
Give the lad a break, how will he ever shine if the first thing he does is read all this shit about him, forget all the bad press and give him a break,
lets get behind him now his a Albion player, not a Palarse scum bag

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here