Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter signs on loan until January

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I'm DELIGHTED at this.

Basically we need a lump to play off of. He needs no intention of actually SCORING. We just need a focal point to allow CMS and co to buzz around.

He did this for Simon Cox at Swindon and hopefully it will work here.

Again, this is a TEAM signing. Don't expect him to be a key scorer. He will allow others to play.

Last season people MOANED about Woods. I can GUARENTEE they would have him in the squad now.

Loan, no financial commitment. Worth the gamble.

What a sensible post.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
seems were not considered a Rival either

Simon Grayson has confirmed interest he is considering allowing Billy Paynter to leave Leeds United on loan.
The former Swindon striker hasn't featured in the first team since the opening day of the season and has been linked with a host clubs in terms of a potential loan deal.
"I have had call from a League One team about Billy," confirmed the Leeds boss. "We'll decide if it's the right thing to do.
"One thing for certain is that we wouldn't consider Billy joining one of our rivals in the Championship so any deal would have to suit all parties, and by that I mean, us and Billy.

"He wants to play games which he isn't doing at the moment and I have no problems with letting him out, but until we decide properly there's nothing doing."
Billy joined the club from Swindon in the summer of 2010, but found appearances restricted due to injury last season and his only goal came in the 2-1 win at Preston on March.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You point fails because Barnes isn't shit. Twat.

There seem to be players that keep getting picked, strikers who don't bury every chance (which would actually be every striker, but I mean the strikers for whom missing a shot is a crime the fans won't forgive) who get picked to play when the fans are attacking them (barnes, bent, heskey). I would guess Paynter fits in that group for leeds fans.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Players are only as good as the teanm they fit into and Paynter just dıdnt fit at Leeds....doesnt mean he wont here. My only concern is we still havent sorted out he midfield issue... which I think was more urgent.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
seems were not considered a Rival either

Simon Grayson has confirmed interest he is considering allowing Billy Paynter to leave Leeds United on loan.
The former Swindon striker hasn't featured in the first team since the opening day of the season and has been linked with a host clubs in terms of a potential loan deal.
"I have had call from a League One team about Billy," confirmed the Leeds boss. "We'll decide if it's the right thing to do.
"One thing for certain is that we wouldn't consider Billy joining one of our rivals in the Championship so any deal would have to suit all parties, and by that I mean, us and Billy.

"He wants to play games which he isn't doing at the moment and I have no problems with letting him out, but until we decide properly there's nothing doing."
Billy joined the club from Swindon in the summer of 2010, but found appearances restricted due to injury last season and his only goal came in the 2-1 win at Preston on March.

Bates probably took our higher percentage of wages paid.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Suuuuuuuuuuper, super Bill, super super Bill, super super Bill, super Billy Paynter

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Leeds STH #1 at work

He’s gash mate, couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo and the touch of a hippo, plus his hold up play isn’t half as good as the people smaller and lighter in the Leeds team. Although his work rate is decent, most Leeds fans want him shot and Grayson hasn’t fancied him since about 5 games after buying him so Good Luck. Knowing Leeds’ luck Gus will work a miracle on him and he will probs score a hatfull for you lot now I’ve said that.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
If Gus is god, then how about you show a bit of faith ?

Ok so i cant think a player is shit just because Gus has signed him?

This signing does nothing for me, simple as i dont rate the guy at all, i think his woeful

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Players are only as good as the teanm they fit into and Paynter just dıdnt fit at Leeds....doesnt mean he wont here. My only concern is we still havent sorted out he midfield issue... which I think was more urgent.

We will if we play Reyes there

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Bad bad signing- how in god's name is this going to help the BBC Sussex commentary team? Ordinarily they struggle to give any idea as to whereabouts on the pitch the ball is, now its going to be f***ing impossible for anyone listening to have a clue.

LFIP

Oct 27, 2011
Hi all, Leeds fan here as I'm bored at work and bloody delighted to finally get rid of Billy.

Is he the worst ever LUFC player? Yeah, probably. Gus must be pretty desperate if he wants this guy as a back-up, because I'm being totally honest when I say that he's our worst ever.

I've seen a few people say he will be a good hold-up player. Sorry, but he isn't. He's ridiculously weak for a man of his size, he can barely get off the ground to challenge in the air and he's slower than, err, something that is really slow.

Preston fans will be thrilled that you came in for him and actually offered to pay his wages so Ken accepted, because he nearly ended up there.

If one of your current strikers gets injured and Billy has to play then I genuinely feel for you.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Leeds fan #2 at work

Total waste mate, can't shoot or keep the ball, his touch is so bad his second touch is a sliding tackle.

If your expecting him to be like CMS forget it, the guy is a tryer but his ability seems very much limited at this level as wikipedia stats will tell you.

Im glad his gone i'd rather have somma warming the bench than him.

hope he does do ok for you so we can have him back then if not keep him.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's not often that you see football fans so single mindedly slating a player, there's always one fan that will excuse him. Not Paynter though! Poor bloke, hope it yorks out for him here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here