Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter is shit!

Btndc10

Sep 13, 2008
Remember Gus saying he wont bring players in that are not better than what he has. Is Paynter really better than Barnes or Hoskins? And don't say he is a different type of player. I only want to see one type of player. Someone that f***ing does something!

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Remember Gus saying he wont bring players in that are not better than what he has. Is Paynter really better than Barnes or Hoskins? And don't say he is a different type of player. I only want to see one type of player. Someone that f***ing does something!

I just want one that puts the ball in the net. CMS does enough running for everyone. But he is not quite in the right place at the right time at the mo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He offers a different approach to Barnes and Hoskins and unless we are going to beak the bank for a Ricky Lambert type player we shall have to make do with him and what we have.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I have said several times on here, he's not what you need.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
No better than Mark Farrington . Can't hold the ball up to bring midfield into Play. No shots on target in 3 games and can't win or challenge for headers , barnes much be gutted sitting watching on the bench

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh here we go, lose a game and take your pick of shit players... at least it ain't the ginger this time.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well considering Hoskins has played less than a game for us all season due to injury, I can't for the life of me think why you are comparing anyone to him. He's not availalbe, cannot play at the moment, so i would have to say yes, Paynter at the moment is a better option than Hoskins. Barnes? I think he offers much much more than Barnes. Maybe you should be having a go at Poyet, who in your opinion must surely be doing something wrong if he's picking players that doesn't do anything!:wanker:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Well considering Hoskins has played less than a game for us all season due to injury, I can't for the life of me think why you are comparing anyone to him. He's not availalbe, cannot play at the moment, so i would have to say yes, Paynter at the moment is a better option than Hoskins. Barnes? I think he offers much much more than Barnes. Maybe you should be having a go at Poyet, who in your opinion must surely be doing something wrong if he's picking players that doesn't do anything!:wanker:

I'm not Barnes biggest fan but he is considerably better than Paynter who looks way out of his depth at Championship level. No pace no movement, poor touch and barring one season at Swindon a pretty awful goal scoring record. At times it was embarrassing watching him attempt to run and for a so called target man he won f*** all in the air.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Dont like slagging off players at all, but i have to say Billy Paynter is NOT good enough for the championship i would say League 2 at absolute best.
It seems that at Brighton, we miss out on the good (often free agent strikers) like Lua Lua (Lomana) who trained with us in the Summer !!! Kev Phillips (wifey didnt wanna move South) and a host of other quality strikers all gone to Championship clubs for bugger all fees and affordable from our point of view on the wages front !!!!
Getting a tad frustrated now as i'm sure by the look on his face CMS is too with the service he "doesnt" get from our midfield too.
If we want to keep hold of players like him and Noone etc etc we will have to do something pretty special in the January transfer window, or we will be fighting a relegation battle come March /April.
Sad but true me thinks !!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I have to agree that Paynter has not looked like a Championship striker, but maybe all he needs is games. He hardly played for Leeds and has now only had three games for us. If our regular players aren't on their game, how can we expect a recent loan signing to be any different? I am willing to give the guy more time, but I do remember Leeds fans being happy that we took him.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Totally agree, my Leeds mate was right, he phoned me up asked me why we had got him on Loan, as he can't run, head, hold up, score, pass and I said I would form my own opinion, he was wrong, he is worst than that. Think also we have changed our style to play to his strengths, problem is, he does not have any ?. We need better quality up front to play with CMS, Hoskins anyone ?, or play 5 in midfield, noone, bridcutt, Vicente, Buckley, vincelot, with CMS up front.

Please Gus, send him back

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011

Leeds fans told you he was s**t

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Leeds fans told you he was s**t

He got injured in pre-season and then spent the rest of the time playing catch up and a bit part.

It was his THIRD start of the season and players are way ahead of him in terms of match practice, sharpness and so on.

To label him shit so early in his spell with us is perhaps unfair on him? Just a thought.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I have to agree that Paynter has not looked like a Championship striker, but maybe all he needs is games. He hardly played for Leeds and has now only had three games for us. If our regular players aren't on their game, how can we expect a recent loan signing to be any different? I am willing to give the guy more time, but I do remember Leeds fans being happy that we took him.

He hardly played for leeds because they know he is shit,some of gus `s signings are a fcuking joke

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Totally agree - whats the point in him? - he is no better than what we've already got. Lets hope Gus see's sense and sends him back to Leeds

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It will be interesting to see what happens when his loan ends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here