Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What an immense performance. We already have a replacement for when Alimac goes. Superb
In terms of a deep lying playmaker to play alongside a destroyer like Caicedo, Mac has been replaced. Gilmour is the next man in that position. I have no doubt now.

As far as Mac’s No.10 position goes, I thought Welbz played it very, very well yesterday and we’re forking out £30m on a 21 year old version of him in June so all good there too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What is a Haiku?
Japanese word for poem;
or for a long walk?
Edit: No, that very good

I tend to pronounce poem as one syllable, moi.

A snooty southern reaction to living in a flat above a bloke from Newcastle, who suggested that Star Wars was a fillum.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In terms of a deep lying playmaker to play alongside a destroyer like Caicedo, Mac has been replaced. Gilmour is the next man in that position. I have no doubt now.

As far as Mac’s No.10 position goes, I thought Welbz played it very, very well yesterday and we’re forking out £30m on a 21 year old version of him in June so all good there too.
Has it been an early KO I would have txted to meet for a post match reflective drinky. What a time to be alive! :rave::banana::rave::banana::rave:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

He was absolutely brilliant yesterday however his problem has always been consistency. Throughout his career he's always had these types of performances in him however somehow he always ends up back on the bench and unable to get back in to the team.

For me, I think we need to see him string a few games together like that before deciding that he's a ready made Mac or Caicedo replacement.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He was absolutely brilliant yesterday however his problem has always been consistency. Throughout his career he's always had these types of performances in him however somehow he always ends up back on the bench and unable to get back in to the team.

For me, I think we need to see him string a few games together like that before deciding that he's a ready made Mac or Caicedo replacement.
You are probably right but let’s not forget his ‘career’ has been ages 19-21! Dunk was making far bigger mistakes, at a lower league / standard at 23-24

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
You are probably right but let’s not forget his ‘career’ has been ages 19-21! Dunk was making far bigger mistakes, at a lower league / standard at 23-24

Absolutely this. He's still a week kiddie, knee high to a Jock strap at 21. A few more months with the Magic Man and he'll be f'ing brilliant next season for us.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely, he set himself a high bar with that performance against England very early on which may be one reason why he hasn't been able to live up to the hype. Cross fingers De Zerbi can make him in to a regular.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I get that. But he is still very young. Consistency often comes with age and experience. So I agree, If we don’t give him the games, he can’t develop into a consistent player. I don’t think he can ultimately replace Caicedo though. We need a henchman in midfield with a bit more strength and power for him to complement.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm a big fan but a little surprised he hasn had more minutes. He has only had glimpses in the cups and league time as the 3rd choice replacement. De Zerbi said it last week, young talent need game time to develop

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Played well yesterday, that’s for sure, but up until then I hadn’t been too impressed.

Really hopeful, he gets some more minutes and then stays on for next season.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I thought his comments after the game were interesting. Basically he has been watching Mac and Moises all season and wanted to try and play like them. Not a bad choice of players to emulate.
He could be a big player (metaphorically of course) for us next year

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
So Billy Gilmour
Is much better than I thought
And so is Undav
The problem is you didn't think. You listened to the NSC mindless moron armchair critics looking for players to belittle and put down. Neither player has had a huge lot of game time. Furthermore, different players develop over different time periods and aren't necessarily wired to give punters the instant gratification they so desperately want. Everyone deserves a chance and neither player had really been given a proper sustained chance. I hope they are coming good, to silence all the arseholes who have been taking cheap shots at Undav in particular.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So it rhymes with tome?
That really is quite odd though
I think you're alone
Top work :lolol:

On a similar theme, when I lived in Vancouver people didn't go to the cinema to watch a fillum. They went to the theeter. Two syllables.

The first time I heard that I was so suprised I ended up flat on my fanny.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
The problem is you didn't think. You listened to the NSC mindless moron armchair critics looking for players to belittle and put down. Neither player has had a huge lot of game time. Furthermore, different players develop over different time periods and aren't necessarily wired to give punters the instant gratification they so desperately want. Everyone deserves a chance and neither player had really been given a proper sustained chance. I hope they are coming good, to silence all the arseholes who have been taking cheap shots at Undav in particular.
On the other hand it was a very well done haiku. Possibly too brief a format for a fully nuanced assessment of two squad players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here