Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gilmour seems a perfect replacement for MacAllister. We have key cup matches after the World Cup and I would expect Gilmour to get game time while MacAllister recovers, so I'd be gutted to see Gilmour leave in the window, especially since Mwepu's enforced retirement.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Ali Mac was a bit part player for a significant while before he became a first team fixture. He and Caicedo have played consistently well and are, rightfully, "in possession of the shirts". If Gilmour wants a starting place he needs to be patient and fight for one. He is at a big club now. A starting place isn't going to be offered on a silver platter with a sprig of parsley on top.

When Ali Mac and/or Caicedo move on, no doubt his time will come (if he has the patience and impresses RDZ of course)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ali Mac was a bit part player for a significant while before he became a first team fixture. He and Caicedo have played consistently well and are, rightfully, "in possession of the shirts". If Gilmour wants a starting place he needs to be patient and fight for one. He is at a big club now. A starting place isn't going to be offered on a silver platter with a sprig of parsley on top.

When Ali Mac and/or Caicedo move on, no doubt his time will come (if he has the patience and impresses RDZ of course)
Some doubt for me. From what I saw of him in Norwich last season, he's pretty damn far from getting anywhere near a starting position in a good team like Brighton. If Caicedo or Alexis got injured, I think it would be a massive dip in quality.

Not saying Billy can't turn into something good but there's also a chance he won't. In the short term (at least) I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else coming in as a backup for the current midfield duo.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gilmour seems a perfect replacement for MacAllister. We have key cup matches after the World Cup and I would expect Gilmour to get game time while MacAllister recovers, so I'd be gutted to see Gilmour leave in the window, especially since Mwepu's enforced retirement.
The boy's seriously keen to play tho, must be eating him up being sat on the bench week after week. Probably best that he writes this move off as a mistake in the Summer if he's still not getting EPL game time (being thrown the traditional FA Cup scraps don't count as proper game time)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I imagine this is either bollox or it’s a loan to help his development. Even with the manager who signed him now not at the club, I doubt after 14 games of a season we have decided to bin him off.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Possibly peaked a year or so ago. Tuchel didn’t think he is currently good enough and RDZ doesn’t give him game time. Time to move him on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Writing off a player who has not had game time due to the form of the incumbents, how very NSC. I do remember similar comments about Mac Allister though when he couldn’t break into the team and he had more time on the pitch than Gilmour has had.

As long as he is not making waves through his frustration at not playing I don’t see us getting rid.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We're not getting rid of him after 14 games when the main reason he hasn't started is because you'd have to drop either Caicedo or Mac Allister. Both of those are on 4 yellows, so he's more than likely to be needed over the next 5-6.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Writing off a player who has not had game time due to the form of the incumbents, how very NSC. I do remember similar comments about Mac Allister though when he couldn’t break into the team and he had more time on the pitch than Gilmour has had.

As long as he is not making waves through his frustration at not playing I don’t see us getting ride.
It never ceases to amaze me how some people don’t get the ‘squad’ thing. If a player does not start, he is not good enough apparently? The same has happened with Undav when quite clearly, Trossard and Welbeck have done enough to be ahead of him.

Wee Billy would be playing every game if Argentinian international Mac was injured/suspended/sold. He is that good. He is a deep lying playmaker and is our future as we’re not going to be able to keep hold of both Mac and Caicedo for too much longer.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I honestly think this is just someone latching on to that Sun article again. Which I think was written by the Scottish Sun who have form for this kind of rubbish when the players are ex-Rangers. The same thing was said about Patterson at Everton back in the summer and he’s in the first team now. I doubt the players have anything to do with it.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
We do love to tear the players who aren’t in the starting lineup down. The media are trying to generate content, until I hear something from the player or the club, I’ll take this one with a big pinch of salt.

If he continues to get negligible minutes through the season, then I can see something happening in the summer, but unless we have alternative cover coming in in January, I can’t see BG going anywhere, I just think there’s a period of acclimatisation required.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Personally I think RDZ will want to shift a few out and bring a few in.

No idea what he thinks of Gilmour, it was always going to be hard to be first choice in this midfield and when he signed he must have surely seen we had two South American internationals holing the spots that would take some displacing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here