Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour SINGED on a four-year contract

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Maybe the club doesn't make transfer decisions based on one game. Lewis Dunk and Adam Webster not being shipped to Bristol Rovers seems to indicate that.

Just spoke to a Rovers mate...they would be happy to have them on loan if you are serious.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
USG to get a new CM :dunky:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Any chance Chelsea would do us a 2 for 1 with Broja thrown in?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Very exciting - with the added bonus that this is a promising youngster most of us actually know of

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Not merely a promising youngster, but also one who has experienced a full season in the Premier League with relegation bound Norwich City.

It was far from an easy time for him, but perhaps the experience of playing in a team who were fighting for survival will hold him in good stead. A lot can be learned from adversity.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
This is an excellent signing. Some of his early games for Chelsea be absolutely bossed games against top teams including Liverpool. He has also been excellent for Scotland including being MOM against England at Wembley. He’s got it all, can pass, tackle and beat a man.

If we get his over the line it’s a hugely exciting signing.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Interesting how Tuchel has totally ‘destroyed’ the young team Lampard was forming at Chelsea Abrahams and Tomori sold last summer, Werner sold, now Hudson Odi out on Loan, Gilmour out, rumour had he was letting Gallagher go as well this summer. Tuchel has now spent over £225m this summer alone and I don’t think he has got a better team than he inherited (and he wasted £90+m on Lukaku last season)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We may end up being short of goals but who cares? Money in the bank is what matters.

Bloom's a rarity in the EPL, Fenway Sports Group the other, who carefully consider the cost-benefit of each transfer. If potential newcomers do not meet the carefully formulated playing attributes sought, as well the total cost (fee, contract, agent's fee)/risk, TB won’t touch them.

In 10 years of the TB/PB partnership, just two very costly deals that didn’t work out.

Palpably learning with each window.

I assume that every ‘10 goals a top flight season’ striker was being offered at silly money and demanding the earth in wages.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is an excellent signing. Some of his early games for Chelsea be absolutely bossed games against top teams including Liverpool. He has also been excellent for Scotland including being MOM against England at Wembley. He’s got it all, can pass, tackle and beat a man.

If we get his over the line it’s a hugely exciting signing.

Yep, I said earlier in the day with a focus on a single front man what we need is goals from midfield. We've seen Mac A has an eye for goal so to have another option where he could be freed up to play further forward is a very good signing imho.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Footage of Welbz giving him some pointers in training earlier:

200.gif

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Interesting how Tuchel has totally ‘destroyed’ the young team Lampard was forming at Chelsea Abrahams and Tomori sold last summer, Werner sold, now Hudson Odi out on Loan, Gilmour out, rumour had he was letting Gallagher go as well this summer. Tuchel has now spent over £225m this summer alone and I don’t think he has got a better team than he inherited (and he wasted £90+m on Lukaku last season)

Very true.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A conversation you might well be able to throw about with abandon at certain PL owners but not Tony Bloom. Come off it. Its insulting to even say it on NSC even if its a joke/wind up.

My comment was borne out of frustration and, as a lifelong fan, I meant no disrespect to Tony Bloom. At the beginning of the transfer window I knew, deep down, that we wouldn't be signing the additional striker we so clearly need, but I didn't think, for one minute, that we'd sell our top scorer for just £15M, and fail to replace him. It really does beggar belief to me and I suspect a lot of other Albion fans, too. As a club we've come a long, long way, and have improved every part of the team other than up front and I really don't understand why we appear to be unable to transact some decent business when it comes to strikers. Even if we had to pay £50-£60M for a striker of Premier League quality, it would be money well spent and would simply mean that we had re-invested the money we got from the sale of Cucurella - so it's not as if it would have cost us anything. Clearly, I'm missing something....

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
My comment was borne out of frustration and, as a lifelong fan, I meant no disrespect to Tony Bloom. At the beginning of the transfer window I knew, deep down, that we wouldn't be signing the additional striker we so clearly need, but I didn't think, for one minute, that we'd sell our top scorer for just £15M, and fail to replace him. It really does beggar belief to me and I suspect a lot of other Albion fans, too. As a club we've come a long, long way, and have improved every part of the team other than up front and I really don't understand why we appear to be unable to transact some decent business when it comes to strikers. Even if we had to pay £50-£60M for a striker of Premier League quality, it would be money well spent and would simply mean that we had re-invested the money we got from the sale of Cucurella - so it's not as if it would have cost us anything. Clearly, I'm missing something....

Suppose it’s a lot easier to spend £60,000,000 when it’s not your money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here