Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Connolly Is A Twat! - Discuss

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can anyone tell me why he seems to be getting away with it rather lightly for his disgusting comments on Ken Bigley?

Even the tabloid coverage has been low key by their standards and yet i can just imagine all hell being unleashed say perhaps if someone like Jim Davidson had made those comments. The headlines would have been "Hang Him High"!

Might i suggest that part of the leniency is that Connolly has now crossed over to the 'establishment' what with the likes of Prince Charles being a fan. And then of course he's now an actooor luvvie don't you know.

I would accept his comments as a momentary 'lack of judgement' but he's shown no remorse or even maintained a dignified silence. Contrastingly when qustioned by journalists he's let fly with a volley of childish obscenities.

Am i the only person to have lost total respect for a genuinely funny bloke.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Reports coming through that Ken Bigley is dead

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
i don't think billy was saying bigley deserved to die i think he was like many others getting fed up with the news coverage on the matter

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
We kill some of theirs, they kill some of ours. Its the way war works.

I don't know why everybodies getting so worked up. If some fuckers had come and bombed the shit out of my family, I'd f***ing cut someone's head off too!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would think Connolly is feeling like a bit of a C U N T now if Bigley is dead, having basically said he "wished they'd get on with it".

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't see how Connolly can recover from this. People will never forgive him. Everyone will now think " its that bloke who wished to terrorists would get on with killing Bigley and 4 days later they did ". :thud:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
leave the bloke alone, he made a small error, did'nt actually kill bigley himself! Comedians all over the world make jokes about past wars were thousands of people died but no one gets in a huff about that do they?

have a smoke and chill out you DONUTS :smokin:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Errrr, it was pretty bad but we've all said stuff we didn't mean. Me thinks that people are going a tad over the top here, there is no way Connelly meant what he said, bad joke gone very wrong, forgive and forget?? It's not like he took Bigley hostage and killed him in cold blood personally now is it?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think he's finished.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Virgo's Haircut said:
I have never found Billy Connolly funny. Not even once.

His entire routine seems to consist of going: "Nooo! Yes! Nooo!", bending down to then throw back his hair, running his hands through it while laughing madly at something only he finds funny. And repeat.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
bhafc99 said:
His entire routine seems to consist of going: "Nooo! Yes! Nooo!", bending down to then throw back his hair, running his hands through it while laughing madly at something only he finds funny. And repeat.

If only he finds it funny why do so many people at his shows laugh then? Does he employ someone to stand behind him and mime?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If I was Billy Connolly I'd ring up Ron Atkinson and ask to kip on his sofa...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here