Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Connolly - a funny man but has he gone too far this time ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
On stage at the weekend Connolly made a " joke " about the plight of Ken Bigley saying to the audience

" Perhaps I shouldn't be saying this ....... don't you just with they would just get on with it ? ".

Connolly was then booed and heckled and swore at members of the audience.

A serious error of judgement by the Big Yin.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
saw his outburst at Sky News reporters breifly last night, I like the bloke but I think hes overstepped the mark with this one. Still its a slight error of judgement so I forgive him....not that I care about Bigley anyway but thats another matter altogether!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
He has gone way to far on this one. I know there are often jokes after the event but until Bigley gets released *fingers are kept very crossed* he should not make jokes about it :nono:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
His Gigs are almost always of the cuff, just a slight error of judgement.
I wont hold it against him.

Hes still our best comedian by some distance.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I saw his outburst on Sky as well, he was really hacked off...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Gareth Glover said:
" Perhaps I shouldn't be saying this ....... don't you just with they would just get on with it ? "

I was just thinking the same thing.

what?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
probably but i am not that bothered to be honest to much of the PC brigade around these days.

perhaps it was of bad taste but i think i like him the rest of time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No, that's Jimmy Cricket.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
I for one cannot stand his appearances on Parkinson.

Think the two look so smug together...almost as if we were interrupting back slapping tour into the annals of their hilarious past.

:(

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If I was one of the Bigley family I would seek him out and heat butt him. Likewise Robin Gibb will rip Graham Norton's head off for saying the life support machine for Maurive Gibbs should be playing the tune of Stayin Alive.

Actually Robin, Can I help ?!.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I've seen him live a good number of times and yet to come away not feeling thoroughly entertained, however his contstant babbling on about his LA lifestyle etc etc is starting to spoil the shows as its visably cringeworthy.

He made a mistake he should just apologise and that should be that.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No - he's not gone too far. I couldn't care less actually about taste and all that. Comedians should offend people. But, IMHO, Connolly is just not funny. Never has been, never will be. And wasn't it surprise, he was on Parkinson's Ist show on ITV. God that show is so tired... just getting you old mates on.. it's very lazy and dull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here