Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bike Stolen from outside Durrington Leisure Centre (Worthing) Orange Kona Cinder Cone

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
Yes I know, what the hell am I doing posting it on here, but I just wanted anyone in that area to keep a look out for it. The Bike was £700 quid and to say I am gutted is an understatement.

I have to wait till tomorrow now to find out from the insurance company if its covered or not.

makes me so angry :angry::angry::angry:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I feel your pain mate, i've had a couple bikes nicked in the past....you're never going to find it, but good luck!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
This may be a stupid question, from someone who doesn't own a bike, but why on earth would you want to own a £700 bike?!

Surely the difference between a £80 odd bike and a £700 bike can't be THAT much?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I left my bike unlocked in a bicycle crime hotspot for three days and not a single person took it :tantrum:

Sorry to hear that. Bicycles are so difficult to track. I did have one stolen, very strong lock. Searched high and low at various boot sales and auction sites, but to no avail.

Why would the insurance company not cover you, if you don't mind me asking?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
This may be a stupid question, from someone who doesn't own a bike, but why on earth would you want to own a £700 bike?!

Surely the difference between a £80 odd bike and a £700 bike can't be THAT much?

oh my f***ing god:facepalm:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

As someone who DOES own a £700 bike and knows why someone else would, I would be tempted to ask why you would chain said bike outside a leisure centre. But then, its not always easy to get/afford/keep another one for going around town etc.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea

Oh but there is...stronger, lighter materials quality components that last

and it's ORANGE

and Kona's logo is based on a SPHINCTER

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009

why would you own a 1000 pound watch (all it does is tell the time), why would you buy designer clobber (its only clothes after all).

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Unfortunately these arseholes will have no doubt sold your bike on the cheap to third parties to fund thier drug habits. The best thing you can do is to look in the friday ad, cash converters etc it may turn up there. Make sure you report it to the Police. Being orange it is very easily identified.

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
I left my bike unlocked in a bicycle crime hotspot for three days and not a single person took it :tantrum:

Sorry to hear that. Bicycles are so difficult to track. I did have one stolen, very strong lock. Searched high and low at various boot sales and auction sites, but to no avail.

Why would the insurance company not cover you, if you don't mind me asking?

as it wasnt a specified item although it does say I am covered upto 1k for personal belongings away from the home though, we shall see I guess.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
why would you own a 1000 pound watch (all it does is tell the time), why would you buy designer clobber (its only clothes after all).

Why would you spend £90m on a spanking new stadium when a Ikea flat pack identi kit would cost half that?

:thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
curiosity question, but how much are those small GPS Tags you can get to hide on bikes? gonna get me a new ride soon (not £700 worth) and want it tracebale if ever nicked.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
:facepalm:

I play up there on Thursdays, so I'll keep an eye out for you. Though they'd have to be pretty stupid to ride it round by where it was knicked. Knowing the kind of people that hang round that area though, I wouldn't put it past them.

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
:facepalm:

I play up there on Thursdays, so I'll keep an eye out for you. Though they'd have to be pretty stupid to ride it round by where it was knicked. Knowing the kind of people that hang round that area though, I wouldn't put it past them.

tar mate

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Don't forget to get your crime number from the Police and you will need your receipt if you are able to claim.

Apologies if you have that sorted! But these things can be overlooked. :)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Assuming it was D-locked or chained, it must have taken some time/effort to cut through the security!? Perhaps with your new one, you could put three locks on it, to make it harder to steal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here