Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

biggest radius of one football club in the uk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm challenging that.

Not the distances, but the (admittedly anecdotal) notion that once you crossed from England into Scotland or vice versa, you wouldn't successfully get one club vying for the support of the people from over the border.

That wasn't the question though - although I think you're right - the question is which club has the largest radius before encountering another league club.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm challenging that.

Not the distances, but the (admittedly anecdotal) notion that once you crossed from England into Scotland or vice versa, you wouldn't successfully get one club vying for the support of the people from over the border.

When we played Carlisle a couple of seasons ago I was chatting to some lads from Dumfries who had come to support Carlisle. After the game we met some ladies from Dumfries who'd come for a night out in Carlisle.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
46.1 miles Selhurst to Withdean, which beats both Norwich and Peterborough. So we are second to Carlisle, unless you include Scottish clubs, in which case we are first???

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
ICT is less than 20 miles from Ross County and the 3 SW teams are all in Devon, quite close to each other.

I agree with TLO, Carlisle is more than 40 miles from Newcastle and Queen of the South - although if Workington were still in the league, they'd only be about 25 miles away.

EDIT: Just checked and Carlisle is only 33 miles from Dumfries so it doesn't beat Norwich or Brighton

Carlisle is near enough 60 miles from Newcastle mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here