Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest boo boo you have made at work

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Left the tannoy on after making a announcenment on the shop floor muttering non to kind words ,the person paged took his time getting to the office and wasnt best pleased when he came through the office door saying "slow fat bastad am i "

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sorry, don't actually believe this one! Mechanical diggers are usually found in crematoria, not church graveyards. And why would the digger keep moving with no-one pressing the accelerator?

Ffs havent you seen the A team? happens all the time :)

I oncce wrote to a company offering them a government grant. the rules stipulated tha the full amount ofered had to be written in figures rather than words.

The grant approved was for £100,000.00

Unfortunately my letter substitued the decimal point for another comma (well, they are next to each other on the keyboard!:p

They rang me up the following morning to say thank you for the letter but they weren't aware that the project had expanded to cost a million pounds!

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I oncce wrote to a company offering them a government grant. the rules stipulated tha the full amount ofered had to be written in figures rather than words.

The grant approved was for £100,000.00

Unfortunately my letter substitued the decimal point for another comma (well, they are next to each other on the keyboard!:p

They rang me up the following morning to say thank you for the letter but they weren't aware that the project had expanded to cost a million pounds!

That would make £100,000,00 which wouldn't make a million pounds, or make sense at that.

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
I once told a ten year old boy in a school wher I was teaching to remove his cap because it was causing his rather large ears to stick out and look ridiculous. He took off his cap, only to leave his rather large ears still sticking out and still looking ridiculous.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I once told a ten year old boy in a school wher I was teaching to remove his cap because it was causing his rather large ears to stick out and look ridiculous. He took off his cap, only to leave his rather large ears still sticking out and still looking ridiculous.

:lolol::lolol:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Sorry, don't actually believe this one! Mechanical diggers are usually found in crematoria, not church graveyards. And why would the digger keep moving with no-one pressing the accelerator?

well i called it a digger as it was big and yellow but it didnt dig , more of a front loading tipper thing , ie you load stuff into the front like mud and stuff drive it off and and then release the front

hope the pic helps to clarify lol
Terex%207%20T%20with%20tipper%20down%20side%20view.JPG

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I was doing a clutch on a Rover SD1 years ago and managed to knock it off the two-poster ramp and have it land on its roof! Oooops!

The customer came into the garage later in the day to collect it unawares and was heard to say, 'Look at that Rover like mine, but all smashed up...'

Thing was, after it was repaired, he sold it for loads more than he paid for it and he came and bunged me a tenner :yahoo:

When I first worked for East Sussex County Council, way back in the 1970s, one of my responsibilities was to authorise payments to bus companies for scholars' bus passes that were funded by the local education authority for home to school transport.

The council was in the middle of a fairly heated dispute with the Southdown bus company about the rate that was reasonable to pay. During the middle of all this, an invoice for £100,000 arrived.

Without much thought, I processed the payment and they got their money. About a month later, the bus company resubmitted an invoice for the same amount. Again, I processed the payment and they got their money - for the second time.

Only later did I discover that ESCC had been holding out to pay no more than £70,000 and that I had inadvertently handed them £200,000.

The negotiations got rather difficult from then on.

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
This wasnt a mistake made by me but i think you might like this so i will tell the story anyway. My last job was working for a large software company who had recently merged customer database with another company it had aquired. The decision was made to "tidy up" the database of 250,000 customers and included in this was removing the word "the" from company names. However, the clown who did this processed it wrong and ended up removing "the" from anywhere in the company names. This wasnt noticed untill after a massive mail shot was sent to all customers in this database.

Lets just say Jane Jones Horse Therapist was not pleased when she received her letter! :laugh:

This wasn't me but someone where i work. We had a guy we used to get electrical looms from, his name was John. But he got the nickname little black bloke due to his height and colour.

One day he sent an email asking for payment and the guy who works for us forwarded it to our accounts saying please pay little black bloke, what he forgot was that he CC'd little black bloke into the email too :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not in the same league as some of these but...

As a callow youth in my first proper job at the Paymaster General's Office, Crawley, I was entrusted with getting in a barrel of Harveys for the office Xmas party. The brewery was adamant that the barrel should be stored for three days before the party, in a cool dark place, to allow it to settle. Which instructions I followed to the letter, securing a suitable cool, dark storage cupboard at work for the purpose. Come the party, it turns out that aforesaid barrel had been allowed to settle for three days in a cool dark place - with the tap hole thing at the top :down:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
All front-line Fire Appliances have recently been fitted with new radio comms equipment as part of a government strategy to put all the emergency services on compatible equipment.

The radio was developed for the police, so has various bits of functionality that we don't require, but the budget didn't exist to disable it. One such bit of functionality is a big red button that - when pressed - disables all other radio traffic for 15 seconds and broadcasts whatever you say. (The police use it for officers that suddenly come under attack etc, and they can quicly broadcast a message for back-up, whatever).

A couple of days after our new radio had been fitted we were pulling up at an incident and our 2ic was trying to get a message back to our Control Room to let them know we were in attendance. Except he kept pressing the big red button, cutting into all radio messages across the whole of the county's Fire Service.

"Why the f*** don't they answer?"
"This new radio is a pile of shite."
"Well, I don't know how it f***ing works."

... well, they are just a selection of some of the choice messages transmitted across the whole of the County, according to the Officer who came to visit us the following evening...

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
not a boo boo as such, but as a junior in an office i was being shown how to use the new photo copier with the bloke from IBM.

i was suffering from a cold and done a couple of sneezes infront of copier man, my boss and 2/3 senior staff.......after another attack of sneezing i pulled my hand away from my mough with a fist full of snot and nose dribble, with no tissues to wipe away, so i had to walk away to the loo holding my nose and mouth.....not a good look:(

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When I worked in A&E I was roped into doing some resuscitation training in an auditorium at a large sussex hospital. Beause we werer moving around a lot during the practical demos I had a head mike fitted so I could talk the Doctors, Nurses and Paramedics being assessed through the procedures,,,when we finished I had to dash to the lav for a long overdue number two..you guessed it.. I forgot to remove the headset and broadcast the whole performance across the lunch break buffet and emerged to a standing ovation.

Other hits included badly lacerating my hand whilst demonstrating an airway device and bleeding all over the assembled anaesthetists and plugging a laptop into an overhead projector and having the legend "I love anal" rotating gently across the screen courtesy of a mischevous work colleague as I rose to address the room.

In previous roles I made similar balls ups but don't want to bore you.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
When I worked in A&E I was roped into doing some resuscitation training in an auditorium at a large sussex hospital. Beause we werer moving around a lot during the practical demos I had a head mike fitted so I could talk the Doctors, Nurses and Paramedics being assessed through the procedures,,,when we finished I had to dash to the lav for a long overdue number two..you guessed it.. I forgot to remove the headset and broadcast the whole performance across the lunch break buffet and emerged to a standing ovation.

Other hits included badly lacerating my hand whilst demonstrating an airway device and bleeding all over the assembled anaesthetists and plugging a laptop into an overhead projector and having the legend "I love anal" rotating gently across the screen courtesy of a mischevous work colleague as I rose to address the room.

In previous roles I made similar balls ups but don't want to bore you.

Well they all made me chuckle anyway, especially the one with the headset on :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here