Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big up to the North Stand ultras

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Your singing throughour was brilliant. And big thanks for your 'Can you hear the East Stand sing' chant. There are some of us over there who want to sing, but we will need some prompting as we're scattered between the old folk, the children and the quiet, middle-class types! Keep it up!!!

Btw, what happened to that class 'ultras' banner at the back of the north (west side)? Seems to have been taken down at half-time. Hope that wasn't due to some over-zealous stewarding or whatever...

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Cheers mate, it was a class day. The flag fell down due to some poor/drunken attempt to stick it up. The stewards didn't actually mind about the flags.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
yes thanks a lot , i got a slap round the head from her indoors for checking out the girl with the peircings T shirt , the "i was just trying to read what it said dear failed to impress or convince , well worth the slap mind :lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Personally thought the North stand were very dissapointing for the majority of today, from the south end of the WSL at least.

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
We tried to respond to the Donny in the WSL, the sounded loud. What did the sound like in the North stand?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
They were superb today. Got a bit tired I think at the 75 minute mark but us WSL stepped up to the plate to fill the void. :lolol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I guess it just depends on where you are in the ground, in terms of what you can hear. I was north end of East, by the Family Stand, and North sounded great. Upper West sounded quiet by comparison, but they probably weren't. What was really noticeable was the buzz around the whole ground. The overall atmosphere was fantastic - and very pleased that even the East broke into song occasionally!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
North was less than I expected. M perspective from WSU was that WSU loudest. Think ecoustics are such that this will be different view of others . Hopefully the pitch can hear it all.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
is it just me who cringes at the phrase 'ultra'.

Your singing throughour was brilliant. And big thanks for your 'Can you hear the East Stand sing' chant. There are some of us over there who want to sing, but we will need some prompting as we're scattered between the old folk, the children and the quiet, middle-class types! Keep it up!!!

Btw, what happened to that class 'ultras' banner at the back of the north (west side)? Seems to have been taken down at half-time. Hope that wasn't due to some over-zealous stewarding or whatever...

Disagree. They went quiet as cowed puppies after Doncaster scored. It was embarrassing, Doncaster succeeded in shutting them all up with one fairly unspectacular goal.

Only sing when we're winning? Come on, prove that wrong.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Look and learn ,bit different than the video of your cringeworthy lot against Spurs.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Because Donny didn't sell their allocation. End of.

The North Stand gang were awesome. I was in West Stand Lower, I Block. Basically right next to the North Stand. The noise you all made was superb. Lets stop making it a contest, shall we? It's always been the North Stand's job to make the noise. The rest of the ground follows. Team effort.

That said, if I could get a North Stand ticket you wouldn't see me in WSL again...

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here