Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Thank You To Nigel Adkins

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Albion Inspired by Rivals Comments

Gary Dicker revealed comments made by the manager of their south-coast rivals Southampton helped inspire the team to a 2-1 win against Swindon Town.

The Irish midfielder explained that quotes attributed by Saints' boss Nigel Adkins - who said in November Albion would win promotion if they kept up with Southampton - inspired the team to victory.

He told seagulls.co.uk, "We had a bit of motivation in the programme and during the warm-up when Charlie Oatway reminded us of the comments made by Southampton's manager.

"Back in November he said to the press we would go up this season if we could keep up with them. I don't think we have ever been chasing them, but when you hear stuff like that it gives us an extra bit of motivation.

"We are not ones to rant and rave when we win or lose a game, but we are 13 points clear so it's up to the rest to catch us. If we keep playing the way we are playing they are going to struggle to do that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As Keegan says "I would just love it" if they go in play-offs :lolol::lolol:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
If you can have such a thing, I've always viewed Saints as my second team.

My contempt for them has been created by this Pudgy Faced Scouse No Mark with his management course platitudes, and in particular this comment after the St Mary's game. I hope they lose in the play-offs and he gets sacked.

The sooner he goes, the sooner I'll be able to resume my respect for our south coast neighbours.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I agree about Adkins but I do have respect for both Andy Crosby and Wendy Wilkins. It seems to me Southampton have a very strong squad and a top class coaching staff all they need is a manager who is average or better, but they've had Pardew and now Adkins.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So a quick message for the likes of NMH and people on here saying we shouldn't be even talking about SCC or Adkins arrogance - THE f***ing TEAM ARE TALKING ABOUT IT AND ARE WELL AWARE - so wind your necks in and stop trying to be 'different' and 'cool' :thumbsup:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So a quick message for the likes of NMH and people on here saying we shouldn't be even talking about SCC or Adkins arrogance - THE f***ing TEAM ARE TALKING ABOUT IT AND ARE WELL AWARE - so wind your necks in and stop trying to be 'different' and 'cool' :thumbsup:

This, I like how most people generally agree about things on the first few pages of threads then people start saying the opposite to be 'different' and can say "another example of nsc ringleaders"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The simple fact is Nigel should be focussing on promotion and not harping on about catching us. November's comments were quite frankly disgustingly arrogant.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
NSC - Where it's impossible to post anything and not be criticised. If you agree, you're part of a group, your the nsc mafia, you're a sheep. If you disagree, you're contriving to be different or cool or contrary just to criticise those who agree.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
NSC - Where it's impossible to post anything and not be criticised. If you agree, you're part of a group, your the nsc mafia, you're a sheep. If you disagree, you're contriving to be different or cool or contrary just to criticise those who agree.

The thing is, you do notice (or I do anyway) that the people who usually disagree/argue against the general consensus are always the same people...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody who thinks Gary Dicker or anybody else on the Albion side was 'inspired' by Adkins comments is a bit of a dimwit frankly. Do you really think Dicker was thinking 'Take THAT Adkins!' when he took the first penalty. Or indeed the second penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here