Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Striker looking for a good home.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Guy Ipoua, remember him ? Ex Scunny, ex Gillingham and shortly to be ex Livingstone now looking for a new home, any interest ?

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
I saw him at Gillingham a couple of times. Very powerful striker. Excellent for Div 2. Mentioned him on this board before he went to Scotland.

Ananova says:

Livingston striker Guy Ipoua has been allowed to talk to other clubs with a view to a move away from the City Stadium.

The 27-year-old has failed to make any impact on the first team since arriving last summer.

First-team coach Allan Preston said: "We've had talks with Guy about his situation, and at the moment he's trying to get himself fixed up elsewhere.

"For the time being he remains part of the set-up here but he's not been playing for the first team or the under-21s, so it's probably best he moves on."

Ipoua is the latest in line to leave Livi after Jim Lauchlan, Salvador Capin and Theodore Whitmore all departed while Cherif Toure-Maman is on trial with Udinese.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Remember the last time we got a striker from a Scottish club. Went by the name of Lehman. Best give it a miss I think.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
or Dave Cameron!

Seagull Stew

And then there was Gordon Smith.
And is there anyone in the world that can associate that name with Brighton & Hove Albion now?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
So, hang on, he couldn't cut it in Scottish football?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ipoua was a bit of a donkey on the occasions I've seen him play.

Don't forget, League rules state you can only sign a maximum of one donkey on loan per season, and we had ours back in August-September.

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Trust me he would be good enough. Maybe it's too cold up there in Scotland for him or something.

Unfortunately however, Tom Hark is going to be right on this one - we have no (or are certainly not willing to spend any) cash.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ipoua wouldn't cost that much I'm sure. I foubt that either Scunny or Gillingham paid him that much and the same applies to Livingstone. Worth a look I think.

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Delias love child has been registered for two months and has just plucked up the courage to post for the first time.

A round of applause please ....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
bigfanofcullip said:

The 27-year-old has failed to make any impact on the first team since arriving last summer.

First-team coach Allan Preston said: "We've had talks with Guy about his situation, and at the moment he's trying to get himself fixed up elsewhere.

"For the time being he remains part of the set-up here but he's not been playing for the first team or the under-21s, so it's probably best he moves on."

Can I just clarify. This 27 year old hasn't played for the under 21's this season ? :jester:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Delia's got a good point though.

ps Delia, so how much will Stadio della Wurzel be able to hold in 8 weeks?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Icy Gull said:
Can I just clarify. This 27 year old hasn't played for the under 21's this season ? :jester:

Equivalent of the Combination - it's the reserve league up here, and the teams can play a certain number of overage players (I forget how many), so Ipoua could play for them if he wasn't in the first team. Mind, if he can't get in Livi's stiffs, it doesn't sound like he's exactly in the peak of form.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Trigger said:
Dick Knight - Wages... :nono:

Even if you don't believe we're completely broke, you can't believe we're rich. Don't tell me you want to spend what we have on another striker. Wouldn't you rather wait for a winger?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here