Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big-shot Barry barracked at Walsall last night

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The disturbing thing is if you asked me which, if any, footballers have come out of this summer's news with any credit it would be...

Craig Bellamy.

How wrong is that?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Totally agree. I am sick to f***ing death of reading about how poor little Frank Lampard wants 4 years instead of 3, how poor little Ronaldo would like to treble his already stupidly exhorbitant wages at Real Madrid, and how poor little Adeybeyoor wants more money to stay at Arsenal instead of going to Barcelona, how poor little Lampard (again) is upset because JT earns a bit more tha he does, I could go on and on and on.......

I am fast losing any kind of respect I used to have for the top players. All half of them care about is how much money they can get. As far as I care, they can f*** right off, every last one of them.

*and relax*
...and then you read his agent is quoted with something like "Emanuel loves it in London and the club with all his heart and would love to stay forever." :sick:

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Think that's going a bit far, as we very narrowly missed out on European football last season. 2 places below Liverpool.

His value has more than tripled due to his becoming an England regular, ahead of Hargreaves, Carrick and possibly even Lampard. And plus Villa don't need the money so what would be the point in selling him for less than they can get?

It looks like a deal may finally go through that entails roughly 16m plus Steve Finnan and therefore Martin O'Neill has done exactly the right thing in holding out.

..... and if Liverpool decide now they wont pay the fee for him Aston Villa are stuck with a player who doesnt want to play for them , a player the fans will spend more time barracking than surporting the team, a player whose contract will then run out and then leave for free and the club will have achieved nothing.

Wheres the ambition at Aston Villa considering all the money they have, about 5 players left, 1 come in so far. Gareth Barry said MoN never even spoke to him for about month or so, hardly desperate to keep his star player is he ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
off to Arsenal instead? they need him more than Liverpool if they are to be serious competitors this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here