Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big-shot Barry barracked at Walsall last night

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Serves the tosser right if you ask me. What do you think?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think he's been hung out to dry by both clubs, and more than likely his agent. If all this was kept behind closed doors then the fans would be none the wiser that a deal had fallen through.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think its harsh.
Barry has given Villa more than 10 years good service. Who can blame him for wanting to move on and play in the Champions League ? Its not like he's some kind of mercenary jumping from club to club. He's 27 now, so this would probably be the one and only "big move" in his career, and I reckon he deserves the chance to make a name for himself at Anfield.

Anyone barracking him for that is a bit of a wanker. In my opinion.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Didn't he bring all this ill-feeling on himself though? Saying he wanted to leave was one thing - but publicly slagging off a manager who has consistently said he wanted him to stay surely tipped the balance? Oh, & the Scousers failing to meet Villa's valuation after they effectively tapped him up of course (allegedly). My heart bleeds for the guy..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At least Barry hasn't come out with the old "I need Villa to prove their ambition" bollocks, before sloping off to another tinpot club.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
At least Barry hasn't come out with the old "I need Villa to prove their ambition" bollocks, before sloping off to another tinpot club.

Too right Easy, although I think we'd better watch out who we call tinpot really :lol:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
I think its harsh.
Barry has given Villa more than 10 years good service. Who can blame him for wanting to move on and play in the Champions League ? Its not like he's some kind of mercenary jumping from club to club. He's 27 now, so this would probably be the one and only "big move" in his career, and I reckon he deserves the chance to make a name for himself at Anfield.

Anyone barracking him for that is a bit of a wanker. In my opinion.
i think you have hit the nail there easy

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brighton fan here who has also followed Villa for a good few years.

What a lot of people don't realise is that a big reason the Villa fans have turned on Barry is because he refuses to put in a transfer request, because then he would lose his 3m LOYALTY bonus (amusing name considering the situation).

If he would put in a transfer request, we would be able to sell him for 15m, we are asking for 18m due to the fact Barry will not put in a transfer request. The fact of the matter is Villa have a billionaire chairman so it's not as if they desperately need the money, that's why MON is holding out for as much as he can get. If you get me.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

What a lot of people don't realise is that a big reason the Villa fans have turned on Barry is because he refuses to put in a transfer request, because then he would lose his 3m LOYALTY bonus (amusing name considering the situation).

If he would put in a transfer request, we would be able to sell him for 15m, we are asking for 18m due to the fact Barry will not put in a transfer request. The fact of the matter is Villa have a billionaire chairman so it's not as if they desperately need the money, that's why MON is holding out for as much as he can get. If you get me.
Interesting. If that's the case then he's a complete cockjob.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
ps Maybe we could get our mighty NORTH STAND to sing a song of solidarity to our tinpot chums at Villa Park (whilst waving their thermos-flasks in the air, obviously..):

Yippee-Aye-OOOOOOOOO

Yipee-Aye-AAAAAAAAAAAA

North-Standers in the Sky :jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Well, having been there for 10 years and never angled for a move before, why SHOULD he now write off £3 million quid at the stroke of a pen ?

Would you ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fair point. But then doesn't this all make the transfer request thing a bit redundant? Why even have it as an option? Surely, if a player really wants to go, he should put in a transfer request?

Mellberg did, and that's why (along with buying every fan at his last game a shirt) he's leaving Villa a true hero and Villan and Barry is leaving a true zero and Villian.

Sorry, couldn't resist that horrible horrible play on words there.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely he gets the loyalty bonus by being loyal and being sold when he doesn't want to go? That's what the bonus is for, loyalty. If he's not categorically being loyal why should he get a loyalty bonus?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here