Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big name Dutch opponents for FDM's testimonial at Falmer

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Work and exile meant I couldn't be there tonight. I've supported the Albion for a long time and Michel Kuipers is a very special player - the most charismatic keeper we've had.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Hero. :bowdown:

033.JPG

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
flying food

Good night! Thanks again T L O for sorting, F D M said he would ask for R O T R to be allowed to return he was furious about his ban!!!!!!! A great laugh was had by all,liked the rendition of happy birthday when the F D M turned up:clap:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Marvelous scenes, sorry I had to leave early, but it was a long journey back to Manchester and work first thing today.

Michel looked so hunky I am sure he turned those of us not already puddle jumpers bi-curious, and had a proper WAG and stuff too.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Nice one me Lawd.

Great man, just wish I could have been there. I served him at Currys a few months back. His wifey is a bit of alright aswell!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Twas indeed a top evening which included getting my hand crushed in the vice-like grip of the great man himself. Well done for putting it on Al, and thanks to Paul for an excellent speech and to Attila for a rousing poetic tribute.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought the testimonial was going to be someone like Doncaster or Wrexham? What with the corporate naming of the stadium, the selling of prawn-sandwich seats prior to selling to the rank-and-file supporters, the in-flux of foreign talent and the rumour of Carling securing the beer franchise the club seem to be forgetting their roots.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Hopefully Attila can post him poem and Paul can post his speech words on here presently.

Well done Al, TOP EVENING. And what a lovely bloke. Here's the poem. Original given to Mrs Kuipers as a souvenir.

MICHEL

All hail our Former Dutch Marine
Alleged expert ‘en cuisine’
Brave of heart and swift of glove
Guardian of the club we love
Thwarted many an attack
Bad defenders got some flak
Tricky forwards got a whack
Broke some bits but still came back!
Keepers went but Kuipers stayed
Kept ‘em out for a decade
U bent een echte held, meneer*
To Michel Kuipers – raise a beer

*You are a real hero, sir

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Hopefully Attila can post him poem and Paul can post his speech words on here presently.

Hopefully you will be able to pick it all up from the Video.
However, it is going to take absolutely ages to edit down and load to youtube.

Excellent night last night. Thanks to all involved in organising and the great man himself for being the top bloke we always knew he was.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I thought the testimonial was going to be someone like Doncaster or Wrexham? What with the corporate naming of the stadium, the selling of prawn-sandwich seats prior to selling to the rank-and-file supporters, the in-flux of foreign talent and the rumour of Carling securing the beer franchise the club seem to be forgetting their roots.

Im sure Doncaster will be the FIRST opponents. We dont want any BIG names at our brand spanking multi-million stadium after all.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Well done Al, TOP EVENING. And what a lovely bloke. Here's the poem. Original given to Mrs Kuipers as a souvenir.

MICHEL

All hail our Former Dutch Marine
Alleged expert ‘en cuisine’
Brave of heart and swift of glove
Guardian of the club we love
Thwarted many an attack
Bad defenders got some flak
Tricky forwards got a whack
Broke some bits but still came back!
Keepers went but Kuipers stayed
Kept ‘em out for a decade
U bent een echte held, meneer*