Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Mac Is Back

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he gets a couple of games to get match fit and play his way into the current team, rather than abuse he is likely to get after his first mistake, I reckon he could well help turn our season round.

I feel I'm in a minority of about 4 on here though :smokin:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I reckon he is worth a go. He would have done a 'job' against Palace at the Withers without a doubt.

Anyway why cant we give him cult status (yes thats right C U L T) like Charlton did with Carl Leaburn...

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
1066Seagull said:
I can't slate him, yet. But I'm sure I will when I will see him play, lets say agaisnt QPR. (Can't go to Hull :()

:)

Let me describe him for you.

Built like Micheal Ricketts - bashes about in the box and scares the life out of some defences, poor first touch often lets him down.

He is a Legend

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
0,,10433~459051,00.jpg

For the benefit of Seagull1066. If you are still confused, by Knight, Carole and Big Mac then I suggest the key is thrown away

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
We're so frustratingly close to being a more competitive Championship side in most areas, but the goals just haven't come from the gamble on CKR and Turi. This has been compounded by the fact that Jake and Leon couldn't provide a reliable return either. I don't believe anyone thinks McPhee will nail down a regular place with goals either, so Big Mark it is.

It's just a shame we'll have to unravel all the good passing build up play to service the big immobile lump. I guess the lukewarm response on here is because we've seen plenty of McCammon in the past and couldn't wait to see someone else in his place. However, he's part of the squad and picking up wages and hopefully McGhee can get the finishing we need out of him and grab a couple of wins to set things moving in the right direction.

Fingers crossed really on this one.

Watch out for a run of missed headers and missed flicks though. Very poor in the air for a big man.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
He has shown a few glimpses of what he can do, two against Derby and one against Sunderland. He took his goal at Lewes pretty well. Yes it was 'ONLY Lewes' but still.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1066Seagull said:
it clearly says in my post that I haven't. But what with the critisism I have heard of him, and then praise on here. So I basically cannot wait to see him play as I don't know what to expect of him.

LOL

He is a f*** off huge Non White bloke who makes jake Robinson look like Pele

seriously he will give us another option....that option may be total shite, but there again it may be excellence and what we have been missing.

Time will tell

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
1066Seagull said:
Would be intresting to see him play soon. After all the critism I heard of him, and now praise I don't no what to expect.

Another player to get confused with Carole and Knight.

RACIST :jester:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It's incredible how a few months ago a lot of people on here were slating Big Mac for not even being good enough to compete in a pre season friendly at Hastings. Based on the same match, Jake Robinson was about to become the next Michael Owen. Now it's Mac back and Jake crap. I give up.....:shootself

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Icy Gull said:
If he gets a couple of games to get match fit and play his way into the current team, rather than abuse he is likely to get after his first mistake, I reckon he could well help turn our season round.

I feel I'm in a minority of about 4 on here though :smokin:

:bowdown:

Reckon (hope) MM may prove a few people wrong and do the biz for us :clap:

Charlie_g

Sep 18, 2003
Hove
Im looking forward to seeing Mark back in the side. Lets face it we aint scoring many at the moment are we?! I can see Leon and Seb feeding off Marks hold up play and it creating more chances for us. Has to be done in my humble opinion. :clap:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I have previously voiced my displeasure at some of his performances although he did give me my biggest laugh of the summer when he inpersonated a footballer at Bognor Regis.
however, we arn't scoring, he is a different option and for me the slate is completely wiped clean and gleaming

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm not a great fan of Trolley but he opffers soemthign we haven't had up to now...... and maybe just maybe... havign crosses comign in from frutos and carole will brign the ebst out of him.

At the mo its pick'n' mix who plays with Knight..... Robinson and CKR haven't grabebd the spot... McPhee won't so that leaves Turi and Trolley.

or maybe.... Joe Gatting.? let me be the first to label Joe Gatting the next jakey!!!!!!:lolol: :lolol:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Oscar said:
It's incredible how a few months ago a lot of people on here were slating Big Mac for not even being good enough to compete in a pre season friendly at Hastings. Based on the same match, Jake Robinson was about to become the next Michael Owen. Now it's Mac back and Jake crap. I give up.....:shootself

A little harsh. It's not that Jake's considered crap, jeez, far from it. It's just that he hasn't reliably produced the finish to cap the nice build-up play from himself and others, nor has CKR, not has Knight, nor has McPhee, even Hammonds goals from midfield have dried up. We need the thing in the back of the net more often and McGhee obviously reckons McCammon might have the extra muscle needed to put the final touch away.

To be fair, he might be right. We're not asking McCammon to run far, dribble, skin anyone, deliver a pass, cross, etc. We have Frutos, Carole and others for that. We just want him on the end of things and trouble defenders physically.

He may well end up not being the answer (like before) but with better service now he's is probably worth another try.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here