Jun 28, 2011
tinpot muppets

minature_tin_pot.JPG

grover_muppet.png

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Don't like it. Building looks shit, like a 70's shopping centre (yes I know what it is supposed to be) along with a couple of lighthouses, and the Eagle looks like a super hero cartoon character. Oh and it has the words "Crystal" and "Palace" on it which immediately get my back up, and 1905 with the odd lines looks a bit shit too.

3/10 for the quality of badge. 10/10 for keeping with the tin pot reputation of the football club.

You forgot the colours, they're shit as well.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Out of interest why are Palace nicknamed The Eagles? Not a common bird in Croydon I'd have thought, wouldn't The Sparrows or The Feral Pigeons been more appropriate? Just wondering like.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Don't like it. Building looks shit, like a 70's shopping centre (yes I know what it is supposed to be) along with a couple of lighthouses, and the Eagle looks like a super hero cartoon character. Oh and it has the words "Crystal" and "Palace" on it which immediately get my back up, and 1905 with the odd lines looks a bit shit too.

3/10 for the quality of badge. 10/10 for keeping with the tin pot reputation of the football club.

an out-of-town Sainsburys superstore?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Out of interest why are Palace nicknamed The Eagles? Not a common bird in Croydon I'd have thought, wouldn't The Sparrows or The Feral Pigeons been more appropriate? Just wondering like.

It's from that old story, where an off course eagle happened to be flying over Croydon. The locals had never seen anything so exotic, got their tribal leader to shoot it down with a bow and arrow and tried and hung it for being a French spy. Think it was around 1981

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Looks like a seagull on that badge. Round too like ours. Wannabe's and Plastics the lot of them

Also so hope those Cac kits are the real ones :laugh:

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
It's from that old story, where an off course eagle happened to be flying over Croydon. The locals had never seen anything so exotic, got their tribal leader to shoot it down with a bow and arrow and tried and hung it for being a French spy. Think it was around 1981

Cool, thanks learn something new everyday. Bit of a coincidence with Hartlepool the French spy bit, what? Still a bit more believable with them being from Croydon ;)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here