Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Cheers To Whoever It Was Posted Link For Free 'Girl With Dragon Tattoo' Book

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Really? Haven't seen it but I expect the most recent one with Daniel Craig won't be as good.

Michael Nyquist played Blomkvist in the European version of the film - he was utterly believable, so Daniel Craig might struggle to match up to that. And in that strange circular way ofthings, Michael Nyquist plays the bady in the new Mission Impossible film, which is out now as well.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Can NSCers recommend any similar Scandinavian crime fiction? - there seem to be plenty of authors to choose from - I am about to start a Camilla Lackberg but notice that Jo Nesbo and Liza Marklund seem to get mentioned a fair bit.

Jo Nesbo is great. I read the books in the wrong order, but all equally enjoyable. Less political than Stieg Larsson but a very good read.

(small extra fact - Girl with the dragon tattoo was called Men Who Hate Women in the original version of the book - that's a far more accurate title).

Edit: Wallander books are good and the Swedish TV version are good too. Agree about the Killing too - compelling, slow burn TV. And if you like that you'll love Spiral - the French thriller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Many thanks, the book arrived yesterday much to my amazement! Good little read on the train. Thanks again.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Movie is excellent, once you get over James Bond playing Mikhail Blomquist. It's over two and a half hours long but I didn't look at my watch once as it's so well paced. Obviously much of what's in the book has to be omitted, but that's not to the detriment of the movie. Having said that, I'm glad I had read the book before seeing the movie. The actress playing Lizabeth Salander absolutely nails the part, and even Daniel Craig isn't too bad.

Just seen the film today.Good film, but why is it in american made films it is very hard to here what is being said?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
another thanks from me , mine arrived yesterday - will attempt to read some of it on the way to Coventry on Saturday

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The story surrounding the author's "wife" and her not getting any royalties from the book trilogy is interesting and worthy of a film as well. I havnt kept up to date so she might be getting some dosh now. I hope she wins as she deserves a share of the spoils.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Just seen the film today.Good film, but why is it in american made films it is very hard to here what is being said?

Exactly what the wife and I remarked on leaving the cinema.

I remember Lisbeth being acted really well in the original but Rooney Mara really nails it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The story surrounding the author's "wife" and her not getting any royalties from the book trilogy is interesting and worthy of a film as well. I havnt kept up to date so she might be getting some dosh now. I hope she wins as she deserves a share of the spoils.

There are rumours that his girlfriend has the manuscript of a fourth unpublished novel. If these are true then hopefully she will get some money after all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just finished reading Girl with The Dragon Tattoo on me holidays. Cracking book once you've ploughed through the dryish first couple of dozen pages and it starts to pick up pace. Definitely had the desired effect the publicity dept had in mind by sending them out in that I'll be ordering the movie from Play.Com as soon as I get back. The Swedish original movie. Obviously.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here