Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Brother

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Quite frankly this show has become embarrasing. Took a peek last night and saw Jedward (WTF are these creatures? - perhaps I'm getting old) prancing across the beds having been let into the bedroom. That was enough for me. Watched a pretty boring prog on BBC2 about a road trip across India. It was still preferable to BB.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I hate BB but I've been watching it since 2004 because it helps me keep in touch with current British cultural thinking, or lack of. Can someone please tell me who the Paddy person is and what language he is speaking? If it is an English dialect, then which one? I suspected, with a name like Paddy, he was Irish, but it's nothing like I've ever heard before.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Jedward are the best ones in there lol

I've come to the conclusion they are supposed to be a yoof TV comedy double act. They're the main reason I'm watching, but it's not for their boarding-school hilarity, but to see if their hair stays like that all the time. I want to see their hair first thing in the morning, last thing at night and asleep in beddy-byes, to see if their coiffured constructions ever move.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
So, anyone been watching? I watched Friday's show but I really don't think I can put up with three weeks of Bwian Dowling.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I hate BB but I've been watching it since 2004 because it helps me keep in touch with current British cultural thinking, or lack of. Can someone please tell me who the Paddy person is and what language he is speaking? If it is an English dialect, then which one? I suspected, with a name like Paddy, he was Irish, but it's nothing like I've ever heard before.

He is a gypsy bare knuckle boxer from My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, its a sort of Gypsy Irish. I attempted to watch but Brian Dowling opened his mouth and screeched something, which put me off.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
He is a gypsy bare knuckle boxer from My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, its a sort of Gypsy Irish. I attempted to watch but Brian Dowling opened his mouth and screeched something, which put me off.

Thanks, then he must have had his mouth and tongue bashed in, at some point, rendering him almost totally unintelligible. (And he's a celeb?)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Thanks, then he must have had his mouth and tongue bashed in, at some point, rendering him almost totally unintelligible. (And he's a celeb?)

He had one, single 30 second long in one TV episode where he fairly memorably explained that it was fine for someone to call him a **** to his face, but that they should not under any circumstances call him a pikey (he is a massive pikey). And that is IT, that is what got him on the show, I don't think anyone had heard of him before that, even on that TV episode they had to explain who he was first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here