Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Brother - tonight. You KNOW you want to

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Bluejuice said:
Spot on analogy.

And Starry, whilst I admire your stance on no TV do you not feel aggrieved that despite never viewing any broadcast TV you are still subject to an annual licence fee?

Ha. I had never even thought about the TV licence, it's a direct debit I just forget about. I am a BIG fan of BBC radio though, I think a certain % of the fee goes towards that? I will just convince myself it's the whole thing and pay up regardless I suppose.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
To quote someone last year on Talk Sport, 'if you watch soaps you are sad, if you watch Celeb In the jungle or whatever it is called you are mad and if you watch Big Brother you are cerified as dead.......actually I quite like the jungle one at least you know most of the people, but Big Brother, just go into any Gay bar in Brighton and watch people for free, it saves on the TV fee.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
hans kraay fan club said:
The twins are sure-fire zoo / nuts photoshoot fodder.

f***ing ANNOYING THOUGH

now some 'IT' girl from south london going in. cousin of kieren richardson, he is gonna be SOOOOO BULLYED about her :lolol:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

larus

Starry said:
Not connected to an aerial, no.

We have several in the house to watch DVDs and connect the Wii etc, but not to watch TV.

We did this before and I gave in to the children (inc. husband) demands to have it back, but I see such a change in how I spent my time after school and how my children want to spend theirs, a little TV is fine, but it's always this show or five minutes more or whatever. So, I figured we'd remove the temptation in the first place, they have books, radio, bikes and plenty to save them from becoming bored. Of course, I am currently 'the worst mum in the world and no ones else's mum would ever do something so cruel, I'm phoning childline' type parent!

That's very admirable Starry.

Society would be much better off IMO, if people learnt the art of entertaining themselves and others again, rather than relying on a square box in the room.

In the long run, your children will be much better for it; more imaginative and resourceful. My view is probably not widely accepted, but c'et la vie.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Just turned over from the apprentice, Looks deeply shit already.

No men = minimum humour, maximum irritation.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Two twins go in, sucking lollypops, coy as f***, giggling like pre-pubescents, looking like they should be at school.

In Portugal we are missing a 4 year old child that has been taken, possibly because someone cannot make the distinction between legal and illegal sexual desires.

Can you spot something wrong?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
BobbySmith said:
To quote someone last year on Talk Sport, 'if you watch soaps you are sad, if you watch Celeb In the jungle or whatever it is called you are mad and if you watch Big Brother you are cerified as dead.......actually I quite like the jungle one at least you know most of the people, but Big Brother, just go into any Gay bar in Brighton and watch people for free, it saves on the TV fee.

I know a LOT of people who would think there's something very sad about blokes talking about sport all day.

And blokes listening to blokes talking about sport all day on the radio...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here