Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Biden gets tough with Anti-Vaxxers......

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
You are a part of the problem, I knew several young, in the know progressive people over here I worked with who were going to refuse any vaccine under the Trump admin if he won, this situation the US finds itself in was going to happen whoever won last November, just different demographics depending on the victor. It's pathetic, imagine DYING because someone who does not give a shit about you won or lost an election you had little to no say in in the first place. Embarrassing and tragic.

That's an interesting anecdote, utterly unverifiable of course. What's not unverifiable is that Trump did suggest disinfectant. According to you pointing that out makes you part of the problem though, not actually suggesting disinfectant might work against covid. Another thing that isn't unverifiable is that there are plenty of MAGA types pushing antivax bullshit, and unfortunately, dying.

A masterclass in whataboutery.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You are a part of the problem, I knew several young, in the know progressive people over here I worked with who were going to refuse any vaccine under the Trump admin if he won, this situation the US finds itself in was going to happen whoever won last November, just different demographics depending on the victor. It's pathetic, imagine DYING because someone who does not give a shit about you won or lost an election you had little to no say in in the first place. Embarrassing and tragic.

There's plenty of establishment sceptics both to the left and right.

Unfortunately what they usually dont get is that the establishment isnt the ruling party, its the financial sphere.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
But the Brits are at least partly to blame for that because we did send all our puritans and religious nutters over there to help found the country

I can see the sign posts now.

Religious Nutz to America

Criminals to Australia

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
That's an interesting anecdote, utterly unverifiable of course.

Of course, it cannot possibly be real because what good democrat would ever not trust a vaccine?

Woops! "In September, Harris, then the Democratic Party’s vice-presidential candidate, hesitated when asked if she would take a vaccine that was approved before the election.“I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump,” Harris said, “and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he’s talking about. I will not take his word for it.”" - Vaccine skepticism
Woops! "“I’m not that confident,” Cuomo said, adding: “You’re going to say to the American people now, ‘Here’s a vaccine, it was new, it was done quickly, but trust this federal administration and their health administration that it’s safe? And we’re not 100 percent sure of the consequences.’ I think it’s going to be a very skeptical American public about taking the vaccine, and they should be.” and “Frankly, I’m not going to trust the federal government’s opinion, and I wouldn’t recommend [it] to New Yorkers, based on the federal government’s opinion.” - More vaccine skepticism

What's not unverifiable is that Trump did suggest disinfectant.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/apr/24/context-what-donald-trump-said-about-disinfectant-/

During a coronavirus press briefing, President Trump floated the idea of using disinfectants and sunlight to treat COVID-19 patients.

Trump has since walked back those remarks, and several websites and social media posts have taken them out of context.

The briefing transcript shows that Trump did not say people should inject themselves with bleach or alcohol to treat the coronavirus. He was asking officials on the White House coronavirus task force whether they could be used in potential cures.

According to you pointing that out makes you part of the problem though, not actually suggesting disinfectant might work against covid.

Vaccine skepticism based on who is in the White House is a problem, thinking Donald or Joe had any say what is in this vaccine is a problem, and wildly dangerous to make people believe.

Another thing that isn't unverifiable is that there are plenty of MAGA types pushing antivax bullshit, and unfortunately, dying.

This is good news for you, you like it when people you disagree with die.

A masterclass in whataboutery.

Says the guy that got a years old quote about Maddie McCann out of his back pocket to argue with me about people dying from covid a month ago lmfao

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/apr/24/context-what-donald-trump-said-about-disinfectant-/

During a coronavirus press briefing, President Trump floated the idea of using disinfectants and sunlight to treat COVID-19 patients.

Trump has since walked back those remarks, and several websites and social media posts have taken them out of context.

The briefing transcript shows that Trump did not say people should inject themselves with bleach or alcohol to treat the coronavirus. He was asking officials on the White House coronavirus task force whether they could be used in potential cures.

its sad the "fact checker" is partisan. there's no context here except he publicly suggested obviously dangerous causes of action could be used and would be looked into. it was a stunningly ignorant and irresponsible thing for a national leader to say. this led to people thinking it was a viable treatment :nono:

larus

its sad the "fact checker" is partisan. there's no context here except he publicly suggested obviously dangerous causes of action could be used and would be looked into. it was a stunningly ignorant and irresponsible thing for a national leader to say. this led to people thinking it was a viable treatment :nono:

I’m sure then there will be numerous articles available which will show that many people died after taking the “advice“ of Trump to inject themselves with disinfectant. Because, it would seem reasonable to assume that if what you say is correct and people thought this was a suggested treatment, then it would have happened quite a few times. I’ll be interested to see such evidence, otherwise it’s just more blinkered hatred of Trump and ignoring the catastrophe of the inept, corrupt, senile moron currently in office.

The dems are screwed now - as Harris is even more widely despised than ‘sniffer’ Biden, and that takes some doing. Biden, the continual liar with American blood on his hands for the disasterous withdrawal plan (not the policy) from Afghanistan. Even the left-wing media in the US is now calling him out.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/politifact

"Overall, right-leaning outlets get more negative results from fact-checkers than those on the left, including at PolitiFact, which some right-wing commentators have interpreted as evidence of bias."

https://twitter.com/dpfunke/

I am struggling to find anything that makes this Funke fella a Trump supporter, genuinely curious if you have a source for that? It seems anyone who doesn't like what a fact checking site says simply labels them not on "their side" and move on, as the quote above says, the GOP can't bear to think they mostly spout total shit so they also say fact checkers are bias or partisan.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Here's the deets:

https://apnews.com/article/joe-bide...rus-pandemic-26bace6485d88ad1ae3ef2aea60fbb65

Pretty strong stuff. I wonder if other countries will follow suit.

It's not going over very well and there are many conservative Republicans that will be challenging the US President Biden in the courts. It will be interesting to see what the judges decide. I think it's about time some of the anti-vacciners had to own up to the fact that they are responsible for causing more spread of the virus in the world. I say they can all go to hell. My son is one of them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
During a coronavirus press briefing, President Trump floated the idea of using disinfectants and sunlight to treat COVID-19 patients. Trump has since walked back those remarks, and several websites and social media posts have taken them out of context. The briefing transcript shows that Trump did not say people should inject themselves with bleach or alcohol to treat the coronavirus. He was asking officials on the White House coronavirus task force whether they could be used in potential cures.

As the vast majority on here have SEEN the press briefing (I watched it live) I think we are able to make up our own minds at what Trump was implying.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yes.

Well there's a strong correlation between the Republican right and anti-vaxxers.

So you could just as easily asked:-

Is there a strong correlation between anti-vaxers and Fox news viewers.
Is there a strong correlation between anti-vaxers and Southern States.
Is there a strong correlation between anti-vaxers and Pigheaded 'don't mess with Texas' types.
Is there a strong correlation between anti-vaxers and the NRA.

They also happen to be Trump types.

This is so true.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Is there a strong correlation between anti-vaxers and Fox news viewers.

I always knew what a far right organization Fox News was but I never realized what a toxic atmosphere there was behind the scenes until I saw a movie called 'Bombshell'

It was about a guy called Roger Ailes who was the fat, sweaty POS that ran Fox News for Murdoch. For years he had got away with all sorts of sexually inappropriate behaviour with the female employees until one of them came forward with allegations of what happened. Seems she wasn't the only one but a lot had been afraid to speak up. Once all these women came forward Murdoch knew the game was up and Ailes was forced to resign. The women received financial compensation for what had happened but Ailes received a huge severance package. It somehow left you feeling that justice had not really been done

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
de wormer r.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here