Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bha

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Thats not decent because the fact that i have admitted im fed up at the mo is the prob although im not the only one.
You stick to your views and i'll stick to my views even though im not a total non albion fan anymore.???
I don't care how many you go to and vise versa as we don't no eachother as its a internet site full stop.

Everyone to there own:lol:

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Tom Hark said:
No we are not being ripped off. Ripped off infers the club are personally profiting from the ticket money. Ain't the case. Ecovert get huge chunks of the gate receipts and if there's any ripping off being done, maybe you could cast a glance in that direction. Bit of a nice little earner for 'managing' a clapped-out athletics track. What else can the club do but pass the expenses on down the line to the punters?

Like somebody wise once wrote on here, a four hundred quid season ticket for the albion should be considered as a three hundred quid season ticket plus a hundred quid charitable donation to ensure the club don't fold. Fair enough.

See your point but with the quality of football on show I get the better deal :clap:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I know things are a bit depressing on the football front at the moment but we're still doing better than the other two relegated clubs .How must the Sheff. Wed. fans feel?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
sams dad said:
I know things are a bit depressing on the football front at the moment but we're still doing better than the other two relegated clubs .How must the Sheff. Wed. fans feel?

Thank heavens for small mercies

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
CAFC Matt said:
See your point but with the quality of football on show I get the better deal :clap:

Don't get me wrong, having grown up in Orpington, I have many good mates who are Charlton supporters and agree that the quality of footie is better....but the fact is that misses the point. Gate receipts from any premiership club, is a small chunk compared to the millions thrown at them by SKY! We have to incorporate a travel voucher scheme due to the ridiculous arrangements at Withdean and so have to pay through the nose not just to Ecovert but to the train and bus companies. Without our £400 quids for the last few seasons fact is we probably wouldn't have a club to support anymore!

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
I paid £100 for lunch with the wife and kids yesterday - bloody rip off! No, actually it wasn't - great food and fantastic service. Everyone pays their money and takes their chance. On balance, the last four years of football at Withdean have been worth every penny. Just because we pay over the odds doesn't mean we're being ripped off. We are keeping the club alive. If you don't want to do that, then why the hell bother wasting your time posting on NSC!!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
£400 will by you a pair of tickets for ONE England home rugby international this season - if you're lucky.

Is that a rip off or is a full 24 match season of BHA football for the same money a rip off ?? or then again, perhaps neither are.

It's the classic - you pay your money and take your choice!

Personally I think they both represent pretty fair value.

Last edited:

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Gordon the Gopher said:
Don't get me wrong, having grown up in Orpington, I have many good mates who are Charlton supporters and agree that the quality of footie is better....but the fact is that misses the point. Gate receipts from any premiership club, is a small chunk compared to the millions thrown at them by SKY! We have to incorporate a travel voucher scheme due to the ridiculous arrangements at Withdean and so have to pay through the nose not just to Ecovert but to the train and bus companies. Without our £400 quids for the last few seasons fact is we probably wouldn't have a club to support anymore!

Too true mate and a big load :clap: for doing it. I also have to agree Sky money keeps us alive ie wages etc and that is wrong :nono:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Beach Hut said:
Thank heavens for small mercies
Rrrrr so you like comparing us to other clubs who are suffering,well thats why we are like we are as people think negative most of the time.

Who cares if wednesday are struggling,well look at plymouth we could be there so what comes around goes around A.:wave:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Directors are not necessarily there to finance the club, but to run the club.

They really need to be directors to have the power to action things. Most companies will have directors who are either non-shareholders or nominal shareholders.

We must have an accountant on here who can explain things.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
balloonboy said:
I paid £100 for lunch with the wife and kids yesterday - bloody rip off! No, actually it wasn't - great food and fantastic service. Everyone pays their money and takes their chance. On balance, the last four years of football at Withdean have been worth every penny. Just because we pay over the odds doesn't mean we're being ripped off. We are keeping the club alive. If you don't want to do that, then why the hell bother wasting your time posting on NSC!!!
Entertainment:p
So you saying because people don't go to the footer they shouldn't post on here?:shootself

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
ManxSeagull said:
Directors are not necessarily there to finance the club, but to run the club.

When financially times are hard they do pay out. Ours for examle in 1992 when they had to get together on a sunday and physically write a cheque from their own pockets to pay the wages and running the club. When they do things like that I cannot see them ever getting booed etc like Dug Ellis for example. They saved our club and kept it alive for a long time

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
Re: Re: Bha

Lord Bracknell said:
Where have you been over the last two days?

Paul Rogers providing refreshments.

Martin Perry walking down to Churchill Square to talk to the leafleteers.

Derek Chapman delivering soup at half time.

Nah, no-one at the Club gives a toss about the supporters.

True..:clap:

Remember the days when we were REALLY shit? Losing every week and a division lower then what we are now? That was depressing! What would we all have given to be 9th or whatever it is in Division 2 with the top scorer in England on board. We're not Real Madrid and never have been (yet! ;)) so chins up fellas.

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Remember the days when we were REALLY shit? Losing every week and a division lower then what we are now? That was depressing! What would we all have given to be 9th or whatever it is in Division 2 with the top scorer in England on board. We're not Real Madrid and never have been (yet! ;)) so chins up fellas.

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here