Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA written off Vs Hull already....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
id be happy with a draw but unless we sort out kasper I can see us letting in easy goals like we have been doing in the past few games

Kasper was in Sainsbury's in the so-called New England Quarter earlier this evening and he didn't drop anything even though there were plenty of items in slippery glass containers and he wasn't even wearing his goalkeeper's gloves. Good sign, I reckon.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
This has been calling out for 4231 for weeks. Vicente in the middle of the 3 playing a free role, pulling the strings. Noone wide, Barnes tucked in playing off of CMS leaving space for Calde to get forward, Bridcutt & Vincelot (as our two hardest working, defence minded midfielders) sitting in the whole doing a clear up job.

----------Ankergren----------
Calderon-Greer-Dunk-Painter
-|-----Bridcutt-Vincelot------
-|--Barnes--Vicente--Noone
-V------Mackail-Smith-------
Subs: Brezovan, Navarro, Dicker, LuaLua, Hoskins.

Vincelot can shift to at the back if we need to make a more defensive-minded sub, and bring on Navarro alongside Bridcutt. Harley will eventually come good, his work rate is shocking but technically he looks mustard - just needs time for Gus to put a rocket up his arse and remind him he needs to defend once in a while. Missing out on a 16 would possibly be that rocket. Although I have a feeling he will start instead of Vincelot and Navs or Dicker won't make the squad.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
This has been calling out for 4231 for weeks. Vicente in the middle of the 3 playing a free role, pulling the strings. Noone wide, Barnes tucked in playing off of CMS leaving space for Calde to get forward, Bridcutt & Vincelot (as our two hardest working, defence minded midfielders) sitting in the whole doing a clear up job.

----------Ankergren----------
Calderon-Greer-Dunk-Painter
-|-----Bridcutt-Vincelot------
-|--Barnes--Vicente--Noone
-V------Mackail-Smith-------
Subs: Brezovan, Navarro, Dicker, LuaLua, Hoskins.

Vincelot can shift to at the back if we need to make a more defensive-minded sub, and bring on Navarro alongside Bridcutt. Harley will eventually come good, his work rate is shocking but technically he looks mustard - just needs time for Gus to put a rocket up his arse and remind him he needs to defend once in a while. Missing out on a 16 would possibly be that rocket. Although I have a feeling he will start instead of Vincelot and Navs or Dicker won't make the squad.

Replace Barnes for Buckley and you've got yourself a good looking team there! The one I use online in FIFA 12 infact :)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Replace Barnes for Buckley and you've got yourself a good looking team there! The one I use online in FIFA 12 infact :)

Is Buckley back fit again? I thought he was still coming back from the hammy strain. I still think its incredibly harsh to drop Barnes, he keeps scoring and yet he's always the first person people seem to want to drop. Don't know what more he has to do. That said I suppose it's a good problem to have, too many quality players for not enough positions. Better than the other way round for sure.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So to the outsider:

1. Hull brilliant away from home.
2. Brighton falling away after a false good start.

I see why the bookies go for that but in my book this is a nailed on 6-1 drubbing to the Albion, beware the backlash. :banana:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
id be happy with a draw but unless we sort out kasper I can see us letting in easy goals like we have been doing in the past few games
I must admit if you're offering me a draw now I'll take it, especially given Hull's away record - they don't lose that many

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Hull haven't won away at Brighton since 1965/1966 season (16 visits)

which I make the season that this happened

england_1966.jpg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I can see goals in this game, I reckon we'll win 3-2.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree, it is a massive match, Hull are a good side but this dodgy run has got to be stopped as soon as possible because it is shaping our season. And Millwall, though it is never easy winning there, are one of the weaker sides in the division. Six points by Tuesday, and we'd all be feeling a lot happier.

With my betting head on though, I would back Hull every time. They still have a few players of Premier League ability, are in much better form, and the young lad from Man Utd is supposed to be a sh*t-hot. But having backed Palace at a stupidly high 9-2 and still been miserable for a week, I've decided I'm not going to do that again.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hull haven't won away at Brighton since 1965/1966 season (16 visits)

which I make the season that this happened

england_1966.jpg

So...if Hull win, we win the Euros? Any consolation?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Um, Gus' interview after the match when he said it was like watching L1 players against prem players? I meant personnel changes 'cos what we've got ain't good enough! imo .

He said it was "like" watching it, not that they ARE L1 players. Maybe Saturday it won't be "like" watching L1 players, seeing as it wasn't against Doncaster, Blackpool, Leeds, Liverpool, Cardiff...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So the system we've been playing for more than a year, with a couple of changes from the last few weeks. :)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
So the system we've been playing for more than a year, with a couple of changes from the last few weeks. :)

Well, we haven't have we. It's been a peculiar lopsided 433. Three central midfielders (one sitting deep, usually bridcutt), one recognised winger and one of the striker pulling wide when we don't have the ball to try and protect the fullback (usually Barnes). I mean a more rigid 2 in the centre doing the tidying up, with one central midfielder rather than 2 pulling the strings. Fair enough there's still an element of assymetry about it leaving Calde room up the flank, but using just 1 anchor man and having 2 box-to-box men leaves us too exposed.

From this:..................To this:
.......GK........................GK
RB CB CB LB..........RB CB CB LB
.......DM.....................CM CM....
....CM CM................AM..AM..AM
..............WG.................ST
...ST ST

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, we haven't have we. It's been a peculiar lopsided 433. Three central midfielders (one sitting deep, usually bridcutt), one recognised winger and one of the striker pulling wide when we don't have the ball to try and protect the fullback (usually Barnes). I mean a more rigid 2 in the centre doing the tidying up, with one central midfielder rather than 2 pulling the strings. Fair enough there's still an element of assymetry about it leaving Calde room up the flank, but using just 1 anchor man and having 2 box-to-box men leaves us too exposed.

From this:..................To this:
.......GK........................GK
RB CB CB LB..........RB CB CB LB
.......DM.....................CM CM....
....CM CM................AM..AM..AM
..............WG.................ST
...ST ST

I have to agree that this is the way we will go... Hoskins can play AM, I believe...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here