Votes: 1 1.5%
  • BHA 1 3 Peterborough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BHA 2 3 Peterborough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

So it's back to the Withdean for a Saturday afternoon kick off against high flying Peterborough (Posh).

Will the Albion keep their unbeaten league home record going, or will the Posh with their new manager incurr an upset. The chasing pack will certainly be rooting for the opposition.

Posh have scored more league goals than anyone else in the league, but also conceded more than anyone else bar Walsall. It will probably be 0-0 then!

As always you decide........

P.S. There are still some tickets on sell in South J block (221) which will surely sell out later, so worth calling the ticket office early.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
1-1. We're on good form, but the curse of the new manager will mean we can't win

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
On the Standing On The Glebe podcast, the two Posh presenters predicted 2-0 and 3-0 to us I believe - but that was before Ferguson returned. These guys ship goals but have good dstrikers. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet - so I'm going for 3-1

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
We are so much better than them, whipped them at their place, course will win?? Nope, never works out like that and we havent lost at home yet this season, now their shit manager`s gone, it looks like a potential banana skin for us, hate to say it but 0-1.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Blimey, what is wrong with everyone. We are playing really well again now with players fighting for places in the team. Unless Ferguson is a miracle worker there is no way he will sort out there defence in 3 days. I think we will win comfortably 3-0 or 3-1.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
2-0 Brighton. I'm hoping that the only difference new manager syndrome makes is that we will win by a slightly smaller margin.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Blimey, what is wrong with everyone. We are playing really well again now with players fighting for places in the team. Unless Ferguson is a miracle worker there is no way he will sort out there defence in 3 days. I think we will win comfortably 3-0 or 3-1.

In fairness, 88% of people have gone for a Brighton win - not sure howmuch more optimistic you could get!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This has always intrigued me:

How Peterborough United got their nickname

The origins of Peterborough United's nickname of The Posh are thought to date back to the 1920s.

The origins of Peterborough United's nickname of The Posh are thought to date back to the 1920s.When the team was known as Peterborough and Fletton, player manager Pat Tirrel said he was looking for 'Posh players for a Posh team' and the nickname stuck.

The club were also known as 'The Brickies.'

The word posh is thought to originate from boat journeys between Britain and India, where the best and most expensive berths were mostly in the shade when travelling out (easterly) and the starboard ones when coming back.

The phrase Port Out, Starboard Home was then shortened to the word Posh.

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Potential upset, although I think 2-0 Brighton.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
According to a London Road regular mate of mine, their defence is still shocking and he sees no let up just because Ferguson is back.

Us 3
them 1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here