Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHA v Derby County PL2. 4/4/22

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
? Nearly all the PL2 games have been live on YouTube this season.

not sure this was on you tube if it was i couldn't find it.

I find it strange why the club doesn't put it on its own site rather than the just comments a the U23s are an integral part of the package that is BHAFC...

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
? Nearly all the PL2 games have been live on YouTube this season.

Yes, coverage has generally been pretty good, publicity less so. There's usually a thread before the match on NSC which I usually rely on to remind me - NSC has let us down today! Boo!

Usually I rely on a link to the coverage being posted on NSC too - the club don't exactly blaze the way to finding it on the club website!

Well done the young lads tonight. I hope to see some of them getting good loans next season - maybe even a bit of bench-warming and the odd cameo appearance in the first team in the remaining 8 matches?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
See what happens when there aren’t fans shouting “shoot” at the players at the Amex?? :lolol:

Great result from the young’uns. :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Is Ferguson out injured?

I've been wondering this too. I know it was reported he had to pull out of the Ireland U21's squad the other week but not seen him on any team sheet for a little while, hope it's nothing serious.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Some top drawer finishing there. Miller, Spong, Peupion all impressive, and Moran with a couple of assists too.

Exactly my thoughts. Miller hits it harder (and much more accurately) than any of his more esteemed senior colleagues, some of whom may have been shifting a little uncomfortably if they watched that

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Some top drawer finishing there. Miller, Spong, Peupion all impressive, and Moran with a couple of assists too.

Surely, given our dismal form recently, despite GP being pleased with the performances, some of these should be given a run out in the first team.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Surely, given our dismal form recently, despite GP being pleased with the performances, some of these should be given a run out in the first team.

Its a massive step. Think we'll settle with Sarmiento and Ferguson for now.

Trossard and Maupay would score lots of goals in the U23 league.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Its a massive step. Think we'll settle with Sarmiento and Ferguson for now.

Trossard and Maupay would score lots of goals in the U23 league.

Quite right. Derby U23 are bottom of the league for a reason.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite right. Derby U23 are bottom of the league for a reason.

Mainly because any better than average Derby U23 players* are playing for their first team, after the first team squad was decimated at and since the league sanctions.

*apart, apparently, from Sibley, who has always looked very promising, and for some reason Rooney doesn't fancy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Turns, Leonard, Roberts, Offiah, Moran ( i think its 9 in total) have all been given a run out in the first team this season, admittedly in the League Cup early rounds, but Roberts , Leonards, McGill, Offiah and Turns have been on/off on the PL bench in the last few months.
Ferguson and Sarmiento started out in the u23s this season and have both made their PL debuts. Sarmiento looks like he's going to play (with Moder injured) a big contribution in the run in.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mainly because any better than average Derby U23 players* are playing for their first team, after the first team squad was decimated at and since the league sanctions.

*apart, apparently, from Sibley, who has always looked very promising, and for some reason Rooney doesn't fancy.

......... and many of our better than average U23s are playing in The Championship too! (or playing senior football at a decent level in Europe!)

Rushworth
Karbownik - Ostigarde - Van Hecke - Cochrane
Jenks - Kozlowski - Richards
Mitoma - Connolly - Khadra​

Subs: Scherpen, Zeqiri, Weir, Sima, Tolaj - plus a few more I've probably missed. Not a bad team that, eh?

(plus we could play Roberts, Dendoncker and Sarmiento in the U23s if we wanted).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The U18s matches take place under a huge cloud of secrecy; the U23s are available, but access is not made obvious on the club website.

There's a three page interview with one of the stars of our u18s team - Zak Emmerson - hidden away in er, this weeks programme.
Here's the remaining u18s fixtures for Albion hidden away on er, the club website
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/fixtures/under-18?selectteam=310&selectcompetition=-1
and fair enough - video highlights of the u18s aren't routinely available but the u18s run in the Youth Cup was on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RueNyrGmxLU&list=PLU4NF13Grb9HXwr0ijDpE1G7gxdbRuOWO&index=26

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
......... and many of our better than average U23s are playing in The Championship too! (or playing senior football at a decent level in Europe!)

Rushworth
Karbownik - Ostigarde - Van Hecke - Cochrane
Jenks - Kozlowski - Richards
Mitoma - Connolly - Khadra​

Subs: Scherpen, Zeqiri, Weir, Sima, Tolaj - plus a few more I've probably missed. Not a bad team that, eh?

(plus we could play Roberts, Dendoncker and Sarmiento in the U23s if we wanted).

Indeed

(Mitoma is almost 25, though!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here