Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA v Crawley - FA Cup Fifth Round Draw Poll?

BHA v Crawley Fifth Round Draw?

• Must be BHA v Crawley

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Albion v Someone else!

Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters

There seems to be two schools of thought.

Both teams deserve a bigger team & ground than each others or a home game against anybody?

Personally I would love a return leg of the 1991 cup game but this time at Crawley. Won't be much money in it for either but if the Albion win will give us full bragging rights & also would ensure a Sussex club through to the last 8

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I want to win the cup and get promoted. Don't care how or against whom.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As has been said before, any away game would be good.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We will be away at Orient and Crawley will be away at Man Utd...you read it here first!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yep so was I. Was it the same year as when Arsenal beat us 2-1 at the Goldstone?

No it wasn't, the Arsenal game was the fourth round of the cup in the 87/88 season.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
dont care,but ive kept my stubb from today before the binfest starts

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Crawley fans are still bitter about that game, not the result but the fact that they claim we cheated them out of gate receipts...knowing what we know now it has to be considered that that was likely, but the bastards who screwed them over subsequently left us homeless...so, maybe they can draw comfort from that.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd happily take Crawley. I want to go as far as we can in this competition as I'm too young to remember '83 and we've been pretty shithouse in the cup ever since.

This, as it would be the best opportunity we have to progress further in the cup.

Gotta be one of the big boys away for me. If we are going to go out, then lets go out against some worthy opposition with a decent pay day and the probability of it being on the tellybox, not scuffing out to the likes of Shef Wed or Reading and getting 2 mins of "highlights".

And who knows, we might even get lucky! (Ever the optimist, me!)

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I wouldnt say Crawly is your best chance to progress furhter in the cup. If anything its one of your worse chances as they have been on a rip of the cup. Beat Newcastle 2-0 and rightfully so as they played Pardu and his boys OUT of the park. THey are on a mission and have been getting the results needed to progress. I think the best bet for Brighton is either one of the championship sides or Everton (as I think they WILL beat Chelsea).

Id also personally like you to play home to Small Heath as getting those blue noses away from home is the best way to beat them and I feel in the battle of blue and whites that Brighton would prevail. Small Heath just seems to have this ability to eek out a draw at home a fair bit. Please play them and take them out :) I dont think I could handle a 4th 2nd City Derby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here